Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

I can tell you that it is a Philco-made radio, and that you may be able to search https://sites.google.com/site/identi...adios-1/ford-2

Then, there is the Philco Forum:

https://philcoradio.com/phorum/archi...ead-13086.html

At least that is a start. But, I suspect you have already done this.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:07:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

I can tell you that it is a Philco-made radio, and that you may be able to search https://sites.google.com/site/identi...adios-1/ford-2

Then, there is the Philco Forum:

https://philcoradio.com/phorum/archi...ead-13086.html

At least that is a start. But, I suspect you have already done this.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Yep, that's how I got the model numbers. On the Philco "Phorum", one member was looking for the schematic and another member said he would send to the other member, but that was like a ten year old post. Thanks for looking.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/5/2019 10:23 AM, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Those numbers are in SAMs AR36 and AR41 but are listed for Falcon.
Fairlane lists TPO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 5:52:17 PM UTC-4, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 9/5/2019 10:23 AM, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Those numbers are in SAMs AR36 and AR41 but are listed for Falcon.
Fairlane lists TPO

Your right Tom, it's a 6TPO. It's stamped in the side but barely legible.

The '67 just needed a recap. The '66 was recapped many years ago, apparently by me according to the owner when he picked up the '67, but now it's dead other than a thump on turn on.

I injected a finger pulse into the final, and it's loud and clear. One of the IF transistors has no voltage on any pin, so it's got a bad encapsulated module as it has very few discrete components on the board.

The closest manual I had is an AR-43 for a Galaxie, but the board in that has no encapsulated modules. The only thing they share is a PNP Germanium output. Glad I don't need one of those.

A friend thinks he might have the AR-36 so I'll find out tomorrow.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/7/19 11:51 AM, John-Del wrote:
I injected a finger pulse into the final, and it's
loud and clear. One of the IF transistors has no
voltage on any pin, so it's got a bad encapsulated
module as it has very few discrete components on
the board.

It'll be a bit of a kluge, but you can substitute that
Couplate with discrete components.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Cancel Request: A friend had the AR-36 manual. I saw him today at our association picnic and he brought it with him. I just took camera photos and emailed them to myself to print out.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 2:05:16 PM UTC-4, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 9/7/19 11:51 AM, John-Del wrote:
I injected a finger pulse into the final, and it's
loud and clear. One of the IF transistors has no
voltage on any pin, so it's got a bad encapsulated
module as it has very few discrete components on
the board.

It'll be a bit of a kluge, but you can substitute that
Couplate with discrete components.

--

There's not much in them if I need to replicate one.

Back when I was a pup, we had an old 1960s Motorola TV in the shop that had a bad encapsulated module for the vertical circuit that was NLA. I told my dad I'd make one, so I just got a breadboard and put together the half dozen caps and resistors and painted it with Corona Dope (didn't need it, but it looked better). Worked great.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 9:33:51 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Cancel Request: A friend had the AR-36 manual. I saw him today at our association picnic and he brought it with him. I just took camera photos and emailed them to myself to print out.

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of this manual (Ford 6TPO) radio, email me and I'll send the attachments.