Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom Biasi[_3_] Tom Biasi[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

On 9/7/2019 12:51 PM, John-Del wrote:
On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 5:52:17 PM UTC-4, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 9/5/2019 10:23 AM, John-Del wrote:
Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane. They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues. There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Those numbers are in SAMs AR36 and AR41 but are listed for Falcon.
Fairlane lists TPO

Your right Tom, it's a 6TPO. It's stamped in the side but barely legible.

The '67 just needed a recap. The '66 was recapped many years ago, apparently by me according to the owner when he picked up the '67, but now it's dead other than a thump on turn on.

I injected a finger pulse into the final, and it's loud and clear. One of the IF transistors has no voltage on any pin, so it's got a bad encapsulated module as it has very few discrete components on the board.

The closest manual I had is an AR-43 for a Galaxie, but the board in that has no encapsulated modules. The only thing they share is a PNP Germanium output. Glad I don't need one of those.

A friend thinks he might have the AR-36 so I'll find out tomorrow.

Good luck.