trotgob

Default Sony Trinitron color TV model KV-27S42

Hello,
First of all, I am an electronics Tech, but with little experience with
repairing TVs.
My experience:
My TV started making an arcing/buzzing sound (the picture is directly
affected during arcing). I removed the cover and eventully found out that
the "spark gap ground" was 'operating' on the board directly behind
(connected to) the CRT. I did some basic research on the Internet this is
the most relevant information I found:
"A common cause is a breakdown inside the focus divider (usually part of the
flyback or tripler) but could also be due to
excessive uncontrolled high voltage due to a failure of the B+ regulator or
HOT snubber capacitor, or (ironically)
even a short inside the CRT."

I was able to check the B+ regulator voltage. I measured 135 volts, which
matched what was written on the board. So, I assume that is good.

I don't know where to go from here. I'm hoping you people can help me.
What can I try next?

Other info: the manufacture date was November 2001. Also, the arcing is not
constant. The TV works normally until the arcing returns.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sheldon Cribb

Jerry G.

The CRT may have an intermittent short, or the flyback assembly must be
changed to start with. If the CRT is defective, this will not be worth the
investment.

--

Jerry G.