Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Matsui 28WN20.

Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have to
hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 2:27:27 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have to
hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

https://english.electronica-pt.com/e...ch?find=MATSUI

Maybe here?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 2:27:27 PM UTC-4, Ian Field wrote:
Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have
hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

https://english.electronica-pt.com/e...ch?find=MATSUI

Maybe here?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Many thanks - also found info on the Hitachi that phutted yesterday.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 19:27:27 UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have to
hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

usually degaussing doesn't need to be fixed unless you move the tv. The dual element thermistor can most likely be replaced by a standard one from almost any other colour tv.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 19:27:27 UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
Google is being very evasive on this one!

28WN20.

Pretty sure the degauss thermistor has shattered and I'd rather not have
hand trace to figure out whether its a PTC/PTC or PTC/NTC type.

Thanks for any help.

usually degaussing doesn't need to be fixed unless you move the tv. The
dual element thermistor can most likely be replaced by a standard one from
almost any other colour tv.

Incorrect: there are 2 types - the usual one is dual PTC, the "spare" PTC is
directly across the mains to heat the active one and cut it off. the very
early single PTC had a load resistor and fed to the coils via a 68V VDR.
Some are PTC/NTC - the NTC is heated by the current draw of the TV/monitor
which also provides inrush surge limiting.

My TV has a single PTC and a time delay relay - fairly common on PC
monitors. Some had a front panel degauss button so you could do it manually
as well as at power up.

The most common failure mode is the thermistor pellet sometimes shatters -
my TV also has some electronics that could fail.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 15 August 2018 18:21:05 UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
[...]

So plenty to choose from. Motor & magnet is another option.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tabbypurr wrote in message
[...]

Choose away - fitting a PTC/NTC where a PTC/PTC should be; usually blows
away a few copper tracks.