Xaf

Default Trouble with Pioneer PDR-555RW

I was given a defective Pioneer PDR-555RW.
After replacing the main 1F cap on the digital processing PCB, it seems to work
fine when reading a CD.
But, when inserting a new, empty CD-R for audio, it fails most of the time and
the display shows the "CHECK DISC" message.
Sometimes, it accepts the new CD and I can record the disc without any problem.
Well, can somebody tell me what's going wrong ?
Is this device very sensitive to the quality of the CD-R used ?
I bought 5 CD from Maxell and only one of them did work.
Should I use discs from another manufacturer ?

--
Use our news server 'news.foorum.com' from anywhere.
More details at: http://nnrpinfo.go.foorum.com/
john

1 F cap..Thats awfully big in value best check it again.
How did you get the 1F cap in there anyhow ?

kip

Mark D. Zacharias

I have examined the service manual. The pickup appears very accessible for
cleaning. Worth a try, I would say.
There is a chance the pickup is weak, but I would try cleaning first. This
piece appears more serviceable than most cd/rw units, but the setups look
like a bear.

Mark Z.