Jamie

Default Fax machine Panasonic KX-FHD331 usage in India (220 V)

use a control transformer? 2:1 with proper VA handling.

Sundar wrote:

I have a Panasonic Fax Machine model :KX-FHD331 bought in the USA
where it is 110 V. How can I use it in India where the voltage is 220
Volts.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sundar

jakdedert

Sundar wrote:
Thanks for all the help. I did find a transformer for 220 to 110 V on
the web.

I have another question.
This is about the 60Hz frequency indicated on the back of the Fax
machine.

The 220v in India is at 50Hz frequency. Now will that matter to the
fax machine or cause any problem as once the AC is converted to DC by
the fax machine, I was told the frequency is lost and it no longer
matters for the operation of the fax machine.

Any suggestions or views on this?

Thanks
-Sundar

I'm not familiar with this particular unit, but fax machines are cheap. If
you are moving to India, I'd suggest not carting that thing all the way over
there. If you're just visiting, it might still be easier to buy or rent one
overseas. You will be totally set up for any differences in standards
(voltage or phone) which might try to bite you.

If this is a high-end unit, all bets 'could' be off...but I'd seriously
consider as to whether this is more trouble than it's worth.

jak

(Jerry Greenberg) wrote in message
. com...
You will need a line transformer to change the 220VAC down to 120VAC
for the US modle. The wattage rating of the transformer should be a
minumum of about 40% greater than what the fax machine requires.

For safety I use a transformer rated at about double the wattage.
Just
make sure that you have no more than 120VAC going to the fax machine,
and it sould be safe.

Jerry G.
========

. com...