DFR

Default RCA TV - Sound, but no picture

I have a RCA model F32650 TV that is only 18 months old. For the past
month, whenever I turn it on I sometimes got a picture and sometimes
not. The sound works fine.

When I got a picture, I would hear a rush of static electricity noise
and within a second or two I would have a picture.

Those times when I didn't get a picture, there was no static
electricity noise and the screen stayed black (but as I said, the
sound worked).

Over the past couple of days I haven't gotten a picture at all. I
assume that whatever was in the process of failing has failed.

Can someone give me a clue as to what might be the problem?

Thank you,
Daphne
john

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"DFR" wrote in message
I have a RCA model F32650 TV that is only 18 months old. For the past
month, whenever I turn it on I sometimes got a picture and sometimes
not. The sound works fine.

When I got a picture, I would hear a rush of static electricity noise
and within a second or two I would have a picture.

Those times when I didn't get a picture, there was no static
electricity noise and the screen stayed black (but as I said, the
sound worked).

Over the past couple of days I haven't gotten a picture at all. I
assume that whatever was in the process of failing has failed.

Can someone give me a clue as to what might be the problem?

Thank you,
Daphne

DFR

It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

john

Ok best get the set to a service shop
and have them put chipper checker on it.
Thats if its not just incorrectly set up in the menu,s.

kip

--
"DFR" wrote in message
It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

Art

The ATC113 also has the famous L14401 in the base of the Horizontal Output
Transistor. Seen quite a few with poor solder connections there causing no
drive to run the horizontal deflection circuits, etc.
.. .

"DFR" wrote in message
It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

DFR

Ok, after several days of not getting a picture, I unplugged the set,
waited awhile, plugged it in, turned it on and got a picture on the
first try. I unplugged it once before and it worked fine for almost a
week. Is this most likely just coincidence, or might unplugging it
for a short time actually fix it temporarily? Once I have a picture,
it never goes out unless I turn it off...and then maybe I'll get a
picture next time, maybe not. Is there any problem with just leaving
it on......forever?

The set is only 18 months old. The warranty on the tube is 2 years.
Is there any chance that my problem is with the tube? I'm guessing
not because I CAN get a picture....sometimes.

Daph.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:33:51 -0400, "Art"
wrotC:E

The ATC113 also has the famous L14401 in the base of the Horizontal Output
Transistor. Seen quite a few with poor solder connections there causing no
drive to run the horizontal deflection circuits, etc.
. ..

"DFR" wrote in message
It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

Art

Negative on the crt being the problem, continued use in this mode, with the
intermittent lack of raster, will only cause more problems in the future.
Have it serviced if you are unsure of the proper procedures.
"DFR" wrote in message
[...]

. ..

"DFR" wrote in message
It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip

Jason D.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:00:01 -0400, "john"
wrote:

Why dont you take the advise that has been given you.

kip

Correct, and this is what I seen often with our customers who didn't
take heed on theirs gotten misbehaving and now have to pay more
because of more damanges. Pay now or pay more later.

Cheers,

Wizard