Art

Default RCA TV - Sound, but no picture

Negative on the crt being the problem, continued use in this mode, with the
intermittent lack of raster, will only cause more problems in the future.
Have it serviced if you are unsure of the proper procedures.
"DFR" wrote in message
Ok, after several days of not getting a picture, I unplugged the set,
waited awhile, plugged it in, turned it on and got a picture on the
first try. I unplugged it once before and it worked fine for almost a
week. Is this most likely just coincidence, or might unplugging it
for a short time actually fix it temporarily? Once I have a picture,
it never goes out unless I turn it off...and then maybe I'll get a
picture next time, maybe not. Is there any problem with just leaving
it on......forever?

The set is only 18 months old. The warranty on the tube is 2 years.
Is there any chance that my problem is with the tube? I'm guessing
not because I CAN get a picture....sometimes.

Daph.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:33:51 -0400, "Art"
wrotC:E

The ATC113 also has the famous L14401 in the base of the Horizontal

Output
Transistor. Seen quite a few with poor solder connections there causing

no
drive to run the horizontal deflection circuits, etc.
"john" wrote in message
. ..
Ok best get the set to a service shop
and have them put chipper checker on it.
Thats if its not just incorrectly set up in the menu,s.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"DFR" wrote in message
It is ATC113CA1.

Daph.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:21:18 -0400, "john"
wrotC:E

Whats the chassis number CTC203 or ATC113 ?

kip