Duncan Newell

Default Wireless Video Tranmitters

Hi All, but this question only really applies to UK readers.

I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type. So that i
can transmit video from one location to another (if it did audio it would be
an advantage but not essential) So far the longest range one i have found is
2000m at (
http://www.pakatak.com/2k-long-range-transmitter.htm )

I have tried eBay also but they got none no where near 2000m, does anyone
know anywhere that sells them, im not looking for a professional high cost
one, just a reasonable priced long range and i think the 2000m one at
£134.99 is a good buy but something a bit longer range would be great. This
2000m one is the longest range one i have so far found.

Thanks, Duncan

Soren Kuula

Duncan Newell wrote:
Hi All, but this question only really applies to UK readers.

I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type. So that i
can transmit video from one location to another (if it did audio it would be
an advantage but not essential) So far the longest range one i have found is
2000m at (
http://www.pakatak.com/2k-long-range-transmitter.htm )

I have made phone transmissions from Denmark to England with 20 watts of
power .. on the other hand, there is a guy just down the street that I
can barely reach with the same equipment.

Once, I got a perfect Dansih TV picture in Olso, Norway, 300..600 km
away. Is only lasted until the plane that reflected the signal left its
path, though

What I try to tell you is that there is no such thing as range. It all
depends .. and Tv is the hardest kind of signals to take over a link.

You could try that thing you can find there first .. if that does not
work, use better aireals (cut to wavelength) .. if it still doesn't
work, use towers .. if it still doesn't work, blow up every house and
every tree on the signal path.

Soren

Stan

"Duncan Newell" wrote:

}I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type. So that i
}can transmit video from one location to another (if it did audio it would be
}an advantage but not essential)

Years back I bought 2 "home" XMTR units (in USA - NTSC) that I found out
later were not FCC accepted...they put out about 500 Milliwatts.

I found that directly connecting the xmtr to a yagi antenna made
for UHF CH 19 (same as xmtr) I could easily get a 1/2 mile from
it.

So, possibly a home unit might work for you, with yagi antennas on
both ends.

Stan.
John McGaw

"Duncan Newell" wrote in message

Hi All, but this question only really applies to UK readers.

I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type. So that

can transmit video from one location to another (if it did audio it would

be
an advantage but not essential) So far the longest range one i have found

is
2000m at (
http://www.pakatak.com/2k-long-range-transmitter.htm )

I have tried eBay also but they got none no where near 2000m, does anyone
know anywhere that sells them, im not looking for a professional high cost
one, just a reasonable priced long range and i think the 2000m one at
£134.99 is a good buy but something a bit longer range would be great.

This
2000m one is the longest range one i have so far found.

Thanks, Duncan

I'm not in the UK but that doesn't stop me from making a simple Google
search. How about this if 5km is sufficient:

http://www.easylife.co.uk/servlet/Ea...G300YG2425CB12

If the link is unusable because of the wrap you can Google for "video link
parabolic site:uk" (less the quotes of course).

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

jakdedert

Stan wrote:
"Duncan Newell" wrote:

}I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type.
So that i }can transmit video from one location to another (if it did
audio it would be }an advantage but not essential)

Years back I bought 2 "home" XMTR units (in USA - NTSC) that I found
out later were not FCC accepted...they put out about 500 Milliwatts.

I found that directly connecting the xmtr to a yagi antenna made
for UHF CH 19 (same as xmtr) I could easily get a 1/2 mile from
it.

I once lived in an apartment adjacent to a woman (not much of a 'looker'
unfortunately) who hooked up the output of her VCR directly to the antenna
terminals of her TV...in *parallel* with the rabbit ears. I was able to
view anything she watched, on the other side of the wall (about 5'
away--porn movies were a 'passion' of hers), simply by tuning my set to
channel 3.

I've wondered how much range one could get by simply hooking up an antenna
to the modulator output of a VCR or similar...never interested enough to
experiment; but I bet you could get at least several yards, maybe more with
a common distro amplifier in-line.

jak