jakdedert

Default Wireless Video Tranmitters

Stan wrote:
"Duncan Newell" wrote:

}I am looking for a long range video transmitter, a wireless type.
So that i }can transmit video from one location to another (if it did
audio it would be }an advantage but not essential)

Years back I bought 2 "home" XMTR units (in USA - NTSC) that I found
out later were not FCC accepted...they put out about 500 Milliwatts.

I found that directly connecting the xmtr to a yagi antenna made
for UHF CH 19 (same as xmtr) I could easily get a 1/2 mile from
it.

I once lived in an apartment adjacent to a woman (not much of a 'looker'
unfortunately) who hooked up the output of her VCR directly to the antenna
terminals of her TV...in *parallel* with the rabbit ears. I was able to
view anything she watched, on the other side of the wall (about 5'
away--porn movies were a 'passion' of hers), simply by tuning my set to
channel 3.

I've wondered how much range one could get by simply hooking up an antenna
to the modulator output of a VCR or similar...never interested enough to
experiment; but I bet you could get at least several yards, maybe more with
a common distro amplifier in-line.

jak

So, possibly a home unit might work for you, with yagi antennas on
both ends.

Stan.