Al

Default Sony KV32V26 help wanted

Hi, Anyone have this problem with a Sony KV32V26 (and found a cure) ?
When I got the set, the two SMPS DC/DC converter Transistors and the
HOTr were shorted.
The SMPS on this set has all the voltages present at power up except
the 9v regulator which is switched on by the 5v output labelled
'Relay' from the jungle IC.
The shorted components were replaced and the flyback and drive
transformer were re-soldered. The Flyback rings out OK.
The set was powered up by variac and the supplies come up at around
40ac in, the DGauss relay is constantly picking up and dropping out
and the 5v 'Relay' line is also doing the same, it is
like the set is powering on and off repeatedly, I disconnected the 5v
'Relay' line coming back to the SMPS so the 9v reg. line did not
pulsate (is now off), and now the DGuass relay stays on and the timer
LED flashes continuously every second (probally because the 9v is not
on).
Also with the 9v reg held off, I can turn the DGuass relay and LED on
& off. (power sw on and off).
All the SMPS voltages check out OK.
I powered up the SMPS separatly to the main chassis and jumpered 5v to
the relay line and I get 9v out of the 9v regulator, there does not
appear to be any shorts on the 9v line to the main chassis.
Anyone have a suggestion to get the 9v to stay on in order to trouble
shoot further.
Al

Shoreline Electronics

Let me get this straight...............if you fire up the set, the power
supply module is putting out every correct voltage except the 9V feed?

Or.......have you NOT applied full B+ and are concerned about the chattering
relays at 40VAC input.

99.9% of the time , what you've done should fix this set.

I'll email you the G board print so you can analyze the supply

--
=================================
Jeff Stielau

=================================
"Al" wrote in message
news
[...]

Shoreline Electronics

Tried sending you info.....bounces back.....

--
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street