bharat

Default Toshiba RPTV 50H72 - blue screen only

This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat
Jerry G.

There may be a loss of sync to the scan circuits, or there may be a response
problem in the video path, thus not allowing proper sync. You would have to
get the service manual, and trace through with a scope to see where this
type of fault is. Also, checking for the proper supply voltages in the
various stages would be a proper thing to do.

If you are not trained and equipped in TV service, I would suggest to have
the set properly looked after.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"bharat" wrote in message
om...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

David

Ditto on the find someone who knows what they are doing.

This statement (typo fixed) clearly indicates a total lack of understanding
of what is going on inside the set:
" I think video amps that drive yokes are suspect."

David

"Jerry G." wrote in message
There may be a loss of sync to the scan circuits, or there may be a

response
problem in the video path, thus not allowing proper sync. You would have

get the service manual, and trace through with a scope to see where this
type of fault is. Also, checking for the proper supply voltages in the
various stages would be a proper thing to do.

If you are not trained and equipped in TV service, I would suggest to have
the set properly looked after.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"bharat" wrote in message
om...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

bharat

"David" wrote in message ...
Ditto on the find someone who knows what they are doing.

This statement (typo fixed) clearly indicates a total lack of understanding
of what is going on inside the set:
" I think video amps that drive yokes are suspect."

This newsgroup is for help. If you cannot provide any help, please
stay off the line. If I knew what was wrong, I would not have posted
the article in the first place. There was a post previously in this
newsgroup where the person was seeing all green screen...the hints
were for checking the video amps. So I assumed that would be a first
place to start.

Your typo-corrected sentence is same as mine. May be you should get
some education before getting on the net, you !@#$%^! Send me your
email address and we can take this discussion about your intelligence
and mine off the newsgroup.

bharat
David

So what is an apms?
It still is clear in your posting that you have no clue how a tv set or rptv
works.

We just went through court because someone idiot bought a part from us (we
looked up the part number at his request) and the idiot wound up catching
the tv and house on fire!!!!! So he tried to sue us!!!

So don't go telling me that you think you know what you are doing when it is
clear in your post that you do not. Assuming what you said was video amps,
video amps do not drive yokes, period.

"bharat" wrote in message
om...
"David" wrote in message

[...]

Art

Get the flippin set to a Qualified Service Company or consider replacing it
with a new one. It is perfectly obvious that you do not have the
qualifications to be attempting to service this product competently. Do
yourself a BIG Favor and have it done by the folk who do know how to do it
efficiently and safely.
"bharat" wrote in message
om...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

Alan Harriman

On Sun, 2 May 2004 15:16:46 -0400, "Art" wrote:

Get the flippin set to a Qualified Service Company or consider replacing it
with a new one. It is perfectly obvious that you do not have the
qualifications to be attempting to service this product competently. Do
yourself a BIG Favor and have it done by the folk who do know how to do it
efficiently and safely.

Agreed. Pay a little now, or a lot later. That's an excellent TV - it's worth a
couple bucks to get it repaired.

Alan Harriman

"bharat" wrote in message
. com...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

Eugen T

Wow, I have never seen so many arrogant people in one newsgroup at the same
time.
If you can't help, then just don't say anything.

"Art" wrote in message
Get the flippin set to a Qualified Service Company or consider replacing

it
with a new one. It is perfectly obvious that you do not have the
qualifications to be attempting to service this product competently. Do
yourself a BIG Favor and have it done by the folk who do know how to do it
efficiently and safely.
"bharat" wrote in message
om...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

David

We are helping him. If someone clearly has no clue what is going on, they
are probably going to do one of two things when they attempt to repair
something as complex as a tv set: 1. damage it beyond reasonable and
practical repair when they finally take it into someone qualified. or 2.
Get into something they shouldn't have and cause some potentially lethal or
serious injury to themselves.

.. .

"Art" wrote in message
Get the flippin set to a Qualified Service Company or consider replacing

it
with a new one. It is perfectly obvious that you do not have the
qualifications to be attempting to service this product competently. Do
yourself a BIG Favor and have it done by the folk who do know how to do

it
efficiently and safely.
"bharat" wrote in message
om...
This TV only shows blue screen. When I go into setup, I can see that
red and green CRTs are working (I see green and red colors) but the
screen background stays blue. When I connect a DVD player, the screen
briefly shows real picture but then turns completely blue. Ditto when
I turn the TV off with DVD running (picture shows for an instant
before TV turns OFF). I think video apms that drive yokes are
suspect..but wanted to confirm with someone before I order the ICs and
replace them. I checked all power supplies and they are OK (specially
to the video amp ICs). All components I checked seem fine (atleast
the ones I checked showed appropriate behavior). Any suggestions are
appreciated.

bharat

bharat

Let me make a few things clear to answer your !@#$%^&*() arrogance.

Video amps are video amplifiers located in Q751 and Q752 on the signal
board. They drive yokes directly. In case any of you arrogant morons
had time and knowledge to understand what a schmatic looks like, you
would clearly see where video amplifiers are located. In adition,
amps is shorthand for amplifiers - any person knowledgable in
Electrical Engineering knows that. Next time, try to understand the
posting before replying. Your assumption that if you do not
understand something then it must be wrong is stupid!

Secondly, a while back in this newsgroup, there was a posting where
someone had green screen problem similar to mine. The solution posted
on the net was that the power supply to video amplifiers was suspect.
Hence my intuition regarding video amps (oops, I mean video amplifiers
for you intellectually-challenged guys).

Many of us know and understand the danger in repairing a TV set - not
just you arrogant !@$$%&*.

By the way, I have a PhD in electrical engineering and probably can
run circles around you when it comes to knowledge of electrical
engineering. However, I do not know specifically how to fix a TV and
hence the posting. If I had the time, I can understand the circuit
and then figure out what is wrong. I was hoping that this newsgroup,
with its collective knowledge, will help me fix this. Your arrogant
replies regarding "what is amps" itself shows that you do not have a
clue as to what an "amplifier" is. Take a few educational courses (or
read a book) before you start yelling at people.

Again, this newsgroup is for help. If you can help, please by all
means do so. If you do not understand what an "amps" is, do everyone
a favor and stop wasting bandwidth.

By the way, I am going to check the sync signals (for you stupids, it
is synchronization signals) to see if the problem lies there as
pointed out by more considerate members of this newsgroup. I thank
them.

bharat

David

Video amps are video amplifiers located in Q751 and Q752 on the signal
board. They drive yokes directly.

Video amplifiers do not drive yokes. Deflection circuitry drives =
deflection yokes. I have a PhD in electrical enginnering also, but not =
the attitude you have.

David

Leonard G. Caillouet

David is completely correct, video amps don't drive yokes. I suppose they
didn't teach you that in electrical engineering.

Actually, Q751 and Q752 are convergence amplifiers, not video amplifiers,
and are likely not your problem. If one of these failed you would see
convergence problems, the set would shut down, or it would blow fuse(s) and
shut down. If you are getting a blue screen it is likely that you have lost
signal and the set is muting the video. Your problem could be anything
from not knowing how to operate the set to a problem anywhere in the signal
path.

If you are looking for video amplifiers you are looking in the wrong area.
You might want to check your assumptions and your reading of the schematic
before losing it on a forum where you are asking for help. Your post
indicated exactly what David noted, that you may be in over your head.

Now, if you want some help, why not tell us what equipment you have, and
what measurements you have taken and the signal conditions under which they
were taken. A few of us arrogant morons, as you put it, have quite a lot of
experience that we might be willing to share. Understand, however, that if
you don't have the right equipment, knowledge, and troubleshooting skills,
this may not be a realistic repair for you to attempt.

Your attitude and your PhD will not necessarily help in fixing your set. A
scope, some humility, and some TV service skills would go a lot farther.

Leonard
Pedantic asshole, maybe...arrogant moron, not usually

"bharat" wrote in message
om...
[...]

David

You are still totally clueless. Talk about a worthless phd if you really
have one, which I doubt given the new post where you try and prove that you
know what you are talking about.

Not even close again. Q751 and Q752 are not video amps. (at least you
spelled it correctly this time). They are AUDIO amplifier output ic's being
used as convergence output amplifiers. I totally understood the posting and
the fact that you did not understand electronics enough to try and attempt a
repair.

It is even more clear that you have no business whatever your so called
worthless paper degree is in to be inside the tv attempting a repair on it.
Especially since you cannot read or spell, (apms vs amps, not the same thing
dumbass) doubtful you have any college degree. I pity the reputation of any
college that actually gave you a degree. At least you did not try and call
it 'snyc' this time around.

om...