Tilman

Default Eject Mechanism on Sony Digicam - Please Help!

Re.: Eject Mechanism on Sony Camcorder DPR-PC105E does not open

Hi there,

I just picked up a problem with my Sony DPR-PC105E digital camcorder,
in that the load/eject mechanism for the tape does not work.

I opened the camera at the bottom, ejected the old tape and left the
camera open for about an hour before I closed it.
On renewed opening, the tape loading mechanism does not operate (It
seems on Sony digicams the tape cannot be inserted otherwise).

Does anyone have a clue as to how to trigger the load/eject mechanism,
so that the tape holder comes up again and a tape can be inserted? Or
is there a trick in replacing the batteries?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we were planning to use the
camera for Easter with the family.

Thanks,

Tilman
Tilman

Sam Goldwasser wrote in message ...
(Tilman) writes:

Re.: Eject Mechanism on Sony Camcorder DPR-PC105E does not open

Hi there,

I just picked up a problem with my Sony DPR-PC105E digital camcorder,
in that the load/eject mechanism for the tape does not work.

I opened the camera at the bottom, ejected the old tape and left the
camera open for about an hour before I closed it.
On renewed opening, the tape loading mechanism does not operate (It
seems on Sony digicams the tape cannot be inserted otherwise).

Does anyone have a clue as to how to trigger the load/eject mechanism,
so that the tape holder comes up again and a tape can be inserted? Or
is there a trick in replacing the batteries?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we were planning to use the
camera for Easter with the family.

Have you tried removing the battery for a couple minutes to reset its
microbrain?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page:
http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Hi there,

thanks for your quick help, Sam. I tried removing the battery for up
to 30 minutes resetting the microbrain, but to no avail. The tape
mechanism still does not open.
Is there a SMALL BATTERY inside that retains settings like clock &
regional settings. And if so, can it be removed or reset?
Or would there be a contact that normally triggers the opening of the
tape mechanism?
Tilman