Dan

Default Sony DVP-570D will not read a disc

This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?
Mark D. Zacharias

Did you clear the solder short (two adjacent solder pads shorted together
with solder) on the new pickup?

Mark Z.

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?

Mark D. Zacharias

Changing out those resistors, especially the old that's packed in close to
the other surface-mounts, is really beyond the capability of most DIY types,
even many techs for that one resistor.

That .PDF was a good one though, I've seen those same issues myself - I just
assume if the fuse is bad, the pickup got hot and shorted through, so it
gets replaced. I've only seen at most 1 or 2 units which functioned reliably
after just the fuse and resistor mod was done.

Mark Z.

"Shoreline Electronics" wrote in message
om...
Read this : http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/DVDEZ.pdf

Your halfway done!

--
=================================
Jeff Stielau

=================================
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
Did you clear the solder short (two adjacent solder pads shorted

together
with solder) on the new pickup?

Mark Z.

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?

Dan

"Yes I did remove the solder short on the new OPU. Thank you for the tip, it never hurts to be reminded of the basics." wrote in message
om...
Read this : http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/DVDEZ.pdf

Your halfway done!

--
=================================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
(860)399-1861
(860)664-3535 FAX

=================================
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
Did you clear the solder short (two adjacent solder pads shorted

together
with solder) on the new pickup?

Mark Z.

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?

Yes I did remove the solder short on the new OPU. Thank you Mark for
the tip, it never hurts to be reminded of the basics.

The web link from ShoreLine Electronics looks good!!!! I'll try it
when I get to the shop. I mainly repair Panasonic DVD and DVD-r
recorders/player and have not seen fuse links on any of their digital
PCB's. Thanks

Mark D. Zacharias

Ok, post back with what you find. We're always interested.

Mark Z.

"Dan" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Please reply only to Group. I regret this is necessary. Viruses and

spam

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows

NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?

Yes I did remove the solder short on the new OPU. Thank you Mark for
the tip, it never hurts to be reminded of the basics.

The web link from ShoreLine Electronics looks good!!!! I'll try it
when I get to the shop. I mainly repair Panasonic DVD and DVD-r
recorders/player and have not seen fuse links on any of their digital
PCB's. Thanks

Dan

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Ok, post back with what you find. We're always interested.

Mark Z.

"Dan" wrote in message
m...
[...]

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
This Sony DVD player will not read a DVD or CD disc. Display shows

NO
DISC . Replaced the Optical Pick, but it still will not work. Has
anyone seen this defect?

Yes I did remove the solder short on the new OPU. Thank you Mark for
the tip, it never hurts to be reminded of the basics.

The web link from ShoreLine Electronics looks good!!!! I'll try it
when I get to the shop. I mainly repair Panasonic DVD and DVD-r
recorders/player and have not seen fuse links on any of their digital
PCB's. Thanks

Found one of the two fuses open. Replaced it and the resistors as
shown on the web link. The player is working good. I plan to run it
for a few days. Thanks for the help.