Asimov

Default GE (Panasonic ) VCR model 1VCR4002X old top loader wired remote questio

"Lenny" bravely wrote to "All" (28 Mar 04 14:46:44)
--- on the heady topic of "GE (Panasonic ) VCR model 1VCR4002X old top loader
wired remote questio"

They are quite simple. As you said a resistor network. Basically the
receiver IC decodes the voltage levels from the divider switches and
signals the vcr's microcontroller for the selected function. You can
probably setup a calculator style keypad that switches in the
appropriate voltage divider resistors. Find what voltage levels do
what using a potentiometer and switch. Then wire-in the values so
determined.

Le From: (Lenny)

Le GE (Panasonic ) VCR model 1VCR4002X old top loader wired remote
Le question

Le I picked up a 1983 GE model 1VCR4002X, (made by Panasonic, I think)
Le top load VCR for 2.00 at a thrift store. I know it probably sounds
Le silly but I really like these old top load machines and the bullet
Le proof way that they were bult. I never ran accross one with a wired
Le remote though, so this one is early. Anyway my intention was to set
Le this unit up at our camp this Summer to watch tapes mainly and to
Le occaisionally record something on one of the three channels we can
Le sometimes receive. I did all the mechanical work and the machine is
Le running fine but I never got the wired remote that went with this
Le model. I've seen them in the past though. They look like a standard IR
Le unit except there is a long wire and a mini plug on the end. Does
Le anyone know how these worked? Was it just a series of different
Le resistances which were selected by pressing the desired button or was
Le there something a bit more sinister going on? If possible I would like
Le to obtain one of these remotes or perhaps to set aside an evening of
Le boredom I'd assemble one in a bud box. Would anyone have a schematic
Le of whats inside the remote? Any assistance would be most sincerely
Le appreciated. Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

.... Transistor: The sister that used to be your brother.