exray

Default television tuner problems

Jim wrote:
I have 31" RCA television that only receives signals from chanels
51-71. My cable network provides signals for over 100 channels, but
the television shows no signal for the other channels. Does this
sound like a tuner problem?

If it gets ONLY 51-71 then it might be time for a visit by a repairman.

Its hard to say how your cable company might arrange channels but
typically on the 100+ channel systems everything beyond about 72 are
digital channels. It varies greatly. Their numbers for digital channels
have no relation to the numbers shown by your set and you need a digital
box to be able to both tune and convert them.

However, if you are missing 2-50 it would indeed seem there's a problem
with the set itself.
HTH,
Bill

Jerry G.

It is always best to put the model number, and also the chassis number (if
possible), when enquiring about questions. This way, specifics for the model
can be addressed.

The first thing to do is unplug the set from the AC for about 10 seconds or
so, and replug it back in. This will allow a full reset to occur. If the
set does not automatically do a full channel scan to set itself up, then you
will have to do that manually. The second is to go through the user menus
and see if the tuner is set to the CATV or cable mode, rather than the
antenna mode. Then do an auto channel set-up.

See the user instruction manual for details.

If the problem is not resolved conventionally:
This can be from corrupt data in the EPROM, thus the tuner not being
addressed properly, or the tuner is defective. These are the two most common
types of causes to fit your description. Naturally, there are some circuit
faults that can also cause this.

If the EPROM is corrupt, it may have to be replaced. In any case, if this is
the fault, it will require the proper re-programming. If the tuner is
defective, it will have to be replaced.

You will have to bring your set to a service centre that can service RCA
sets, if the problem still exists. These sets are far too complex for an end
user to service himself at the component level.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I have 31" RCA television that only receives signals from chanels
51-71. My cable network provides signals for over 100 channels, but
the television shows no signal for the other channels. Does this
sound like a tuner problem?

john

Please post Model Number and if possible
Chassis Number so as we can be of help Jim.
Both these are on the rear ID sticker.

kip
--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I have 31" RCA television that only receives signals from chanels
51-71. My cable network provides signals for over 100 channels, but
the television shows no signal for the other channels. Does this
sound like a tuner problem?

john

Sounds like it needs the tuner reworking.
Do a search on the chassis number.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Jim" wrote in message
om...
"john" wrote in message

Please post Model Number and if possible
Chassis Number so as we can be of help Jim.
Both these are on the rear ID sticker.

kip
--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I have 31" RCA television that only receives signals from chanels
51-71. My cable network provides signals for over 100 channels, but
the television shows no signal for the other channels. Does this
sound like a tuner problem?

Hope I post this correctly...the model number is F27240WT and the
Chassis number is CTC177BP2