Didier

Default How to open CDROM player when the emergency hole doesn't work anymore

Hello,
I have a problem with a combo drive (DVD+CD-RW) included in a laptop Acer
Aspire 1600. Because the ejection bouton didn't work anymore, I try to open
it with the emergency hole, but making it a few time, the tray doesn't go
out. I think there is a mechanism that start up again the ejection impulse
when the tray is inserted from further away. When I boot or when I type
"eject", I hear a motor noise, but the tray stays closed.

Can you tell me how to open the tray again without destroying the player?

Thank you

Didier
--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.

Art

Probably will require removal form the laptop to determine what mechanically
is causing the device not to open. Since the emergency release device is
inoperable the only strategy would be to dig a bit deeper into the works of
the thing.
"Didier" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a problem with a combo drive (DVD+CD-RW) included in a laptop Acer
Aspire 1600. Because the ejection bouton didn't work anymore, I try to
open
it with the emergency hole, but making it a few time, the tray doesn't go
out. I think there is a mechanism that start up again the ejection impulse
when the tray is inserted from further away. When I boot or when I type
"eject", I hear a motor noise, but the tray stays closed.

Can you tell me how to open the tray again without destroying the player?

Thank you

Didier
--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me
directly.

Ken Weitzel

Didier wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem with a combo drive (DVD+CD-RW) included in a laptop Acer
Aspire 1600. Because the ejection bouton didn't work anymore, I try to open
it with the emergency hole, but making it a few time, the tray doesn't go
out. I think there is a mechanism that start up again the ejection impulse
when the tray is inserted from further away. When I boot or when I type
"eject", I hear a motor noise, but the tray stays closed.

Can you tell me how to open the tray again without destroying the player?

Thank you

Didier
--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.

Hi...

Had a similar situation a few years ago with an
LG cd rw... what had happened in this case was
that the cd itself had lifted from the tray, was
jamming up against the upper part of the case
preventing it from opening.

It may be worth the effort for you to remove the
player from the computer case, rotate it in all
directions while trying the pinhole release...
perhaps even giving it a gentle tap or two while
holding it connector end down...

And one more, if this should happen to be your
first attempt at using the pinhole release, it's
waaaay deeper in the case than you'd think...
you'll want a jewellers screwdriver or equivalent
to get in there.

Take care.

Ken

Didier

Ken Weitzel wrote:
Hi...

Had a similar situation a few years ago with an
LG cd rw... what had happened in this case was
that the cd itself had lifted from the tray, was
jamming up against the upper part of the case
preventing it from opening.

It may be worth the effort for you to remove the
player from the computer case, rotate it in all

Hello,
I try to remove the player from the computer, but I stopped before breaking
something.
Have someone already succeed in opening this laptop (Acer Aspire 1600)?

Thanks

Didier

--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.

Jerry G.

Have the CD disk properly removed, by having someone remove the drive, and
unassembled it. If your drive keeps jamming, it will most likely be time to
replace the drive. There are no spare parts support for these drives, and
replacement is the only reliable fix.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Didier" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a problem with a combo drive (DVD+CD-RW) included in a laptop Acer
Aspire 1600. Because the ejection bouton didn't work anymore, I try to open
it with the emergency hole, but making it a few time, the tray doesn't go
out. I think there is a mechanism that start up again the ejection impulse
when the tray is inserted from further away. When I boot or when I type
"eject", I hear a motor noise, but the tray stays closed.

Can you tell me how to open the tray again without destroying the player?

Thank you

Didier
--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.

Sam Goldwasser

"Jerry G." writes:

Have the CD disk properly removed, by having someone remove the drive, and
unassembled it. If your drive keeps jamming, it will most likely be time to
replace the drive. There are no spare parts support for these drives, and
replacement is the only reliable fix.

However, it's possible that the problem was caused by a loose sticker on
the CD or something trivial like that. Still worth opening it to find
out - and to extract the CD!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

Didier

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"Jerry G." writes:

Have the CD disk properly removed, by having someone remove the
drive, and unassembled it. If your drive keeps jamming, it will most
likely be time to replace the drive. There are no spare parts
support for these drives, and replacement is the only reliable fix.

However, it's possible that the problem was caused by a loose sticker
on the CD or something trivial like that. Still worth opening it to
find
out - and to extract the CD!

There is no disc in the cd-player. There is no sticker or something like
that.
The eject button has a misfunction. I have open the player with the pin
hole. The tray has open a little, then I close it again and the "spring" has
not been taut. So the tray can't open again.
What I try to know is if I can open it without removing the player from the
computer, else how to remove the player the computer?

Didier

--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.

Didier

Didier wrote:

What I try to know is if I can open it without removing the player
from the computer, else how to remove the player the computer?

I found the service repair manual
http://www.acersupport.com/library/as1300sg.pdf
I will give it a try.¨

Didier

--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.