Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Didier

Default How to open CDROM player when the emergency hole doesn't work anymore

Hello,
I have a problem with a combo drive (DVD+CD-RW) included in a laptop Acer
Aspire 1600. Because the ejection bouton didn't work anymore, I try to open
it with the emergency hole, but making it a few time, the tray doesn't go
out. I think there is a mechanism that start up again the ejection impulse
when the tray is inserted from further away. When I boot or when I type
"eject", I hear a motor noise, but the tray stays closed.

Can you tell me how to open the tray again without destroying the player?

Thank you

Didier
--
Remove the uppercase letters in my email if you want to answer me directly.