woodrow

Default KV32xbr35 g-board help...

A friend gave me his Sony KV32XBR35 to work on, very slow power up and
bleeding colors when picture comes up. I cracked the case and did a visual
on the G-board(mounted vertically on left side) Since I assume caps are the
problem. I noticed an amber-colored substance surrounding many of the
cap's, but wasn't sure if it was leaking cap-juice or hot-glue. It is hard
to the touch.

So, is it leakage or glue to support the caps in the sideways mounting? If
it was leakage, I would have thought it would would leak sideways down the
board. Any tips on how to remove it to replace caps?

thanks
Jerry G.

The suspect caps should be tested with an ESR meter or substituted to
verify.

This brown chemical that you are seeing, may be the glue used during the
assembly.

Going by your description, I would be suspecting more to the fact that the
CRT may be weak, not the caps in the supply. You can verify the power
supply, by checking that all its voltage outputs come up very soon after the
set is switched on.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG