J T rok

Default Toshiba cx29-672 Adjusting the Vertical squeeze

I have the Toshiba cx29-672 (1991). A good television. Over time the
image has moved up. So the heads are getting chopped at the eyebrow
instead of hairline.
I imagine this could be adjusted through the service menu. If you know
how to enter the service menu on this tv it would be greatly
appreciated. The CHOPPED heads are driving me crazy!!!

Thanks in advance for your help

Jeremy T rok
Art

May want to check the associated components including the caps and vertical
ic before messing with the setup menu. Changing data in the eprom normally
will not compensate for defective components.
"J T rok" wrote in message
m...
I have the Toshiba cx29-672 (1991). A good television. Over time the
image has moved up. So the heads are getting chopped at the eyebrow
instead of hairline.
I imagine this could be adjusted through the service menu. If you know
how to enter the service menu on this tv it would be greatly
appreciated. The CHOPPED heads are driving me crazy!!!

Thanks in advance for your help

Jeremy T rok

Jerry G.

This is not an adjustment. There are some parts that are failing in the
vertical deflection section. This should be serviced before they fail
completely, and cause some damage. Most of the time, there are a number of
capacitors that can cause this. The repair is not too expensive for this.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com