Louis Leciejewski

Default Toshiba CF2052A Vertical Problem

I have a Toshiba CF2052A TV that is about 12 years old. It appears there is
a problem in the area of the vertical circuitry because the picture is
starting to stretch out in the vertical direction (long faces, text going
off screen and the like). I have repaired some of my Toshibas in the past
with the help of this group and I hope someone will be able to send along
some hints as to which component(s) could be the cause of this problem. I do
not have the schematic however I will be able to locate the parts on the
circuit board. Most likely I am hoping a new capacitor or two will fix the
problem. I doubt very much if there is a control that adjusts vertical as in
the "old days".

Thank you very much in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated.
The TV has a great picture and I dont want to dump it yet if it can be
saved.

Lou

Email:

Mike

caps in the vertical section are leaking, or high in ESR.

change all the caps in the vert section, it should clear it up, and prevent
future problems in that area.

[...]

Bill Jr

C301 and C305 come to mind.
Bright red or green low ESR type caps that leak.
You need to obtain 105 degree rated 1uf or 2.2uf 50 volt caps for
replacement.
Wouldn't hurt to replace the other few electrolytic caps near the vertical
IC.
BTW one of the culprit caps is actually near the jungle IC.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

[...]

Louis Leciejewski

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will locate those Capacitors and
replace
all of them as suggested.

Regards,

Lou Leciejewski

Email:

Louis Leciejewski

Bill Jr wrote in message ...
C301 and C305 come to mind.
Bright red or green low ESR type caps that leak.
You need to obtain 105 degree rated 1uf or 2.2uf 50 volt caps for
replacement.
Wouldn't hurt to replace the other few electrolytic caps near the vertical
IC.
BTW one of the culprit caps is actually near the jungle IC.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

Thanks Bill Jr. I assume those capacitors are near the Vertical IC? Is that
what you refer to as the "jungle IC"? Per chance do you have a schematic
that gives this IC a number? Otherwise I will be able to locate it I am sure
from finding C301 and C305 (I assume).

Thanks,
Lou

Email: garfield @anet.com

Bill Jr

If I'm not mistaken C301 is near the "jungle IC" and C305 is near the
vertical IC.
The vertical IC should be 8 or 9 pins and labeled IC301 while the "jungle
IC" should be around 48 to 64 pins, in the middle of the board and should be
labeled something similar to TA8608.
I'm going from memory here so bear with me if the part and pin numbers are
not exact.
You should be able to get enough info from this (and others') posts to get
the job done.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr