Bill Jr

Default Toshiba CF2052A Vertical Problem

C301 and C305 come to mind.
Bright red or green low ESR type caps that leak.
You need to obtain 105 degree rated 1uf or 2.2uf 50 volt caps for
replacement.
Wouldn't hurt to replace the other few electrolytic caps near the vertical
IC.
BTW one of the culprit caps is actually near the jungle IC.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Louis Leciejewski" wrote in message
I have a Toshiba CF2052A TV that is about 12 years old. It appears there

is
a problem in the area of the vertical circuitry because the picture is
starting to stretch out in the vertical direction (long faces, text going
off screen and the like). I have repaired some of my Toshibas in the past
with the help of this group and I hope someone will be able to send along
some hints as to which component(s) could be the cause of this problem. I

do
not have the schematic however I will be able to locate the parts on the
circuit board. Most likely I am hoping a new capacitor or two will fix the
problem. I doubt very much if there is a control that adjusts vertical as

in
the "old days".

Thank you very much in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated.
The TV has a great picture and I dont want to dump it yet if it can be
saved.

Lou

Email: