Efandin

Default TV Screen Problem

Sometimes my 12-year 20" Sony TV picture was vertically distorted. In
other words, the middle part of the picture didn't showed up or you
simply see the hairs and chin of the person joined together (no nose
and mouth etc). The face was squashed vertically!!Please help. Thanks.
Damir

I think he mean a vertical collapse.

You mean a horizontal collaspe.
that could be the Yoke lead wires or any component in line
with the horizontal yoke circuit..
theres alot of possibilities here, bad fly back, bad solder
joint, bad components between the flyback to yoke, bad yoke it self.
etc..
what ever!!

Efandin wrote:

Sometimes my 12-year 20" Sony TV picture was vertically distorted. In
other words, the middle part of the picture didn't showed up or you
simply see the hairs and chin of the person joined together (no nose
and mouth etc). The face was squashed vertically!!Please help. Thanks.

James Sweet

"Efandin" wrote in message
m...
Sometimes my 12-year 20" Sony TV picture was vertically distorted. In
other words, the middle part of the picture didn't showed up or you
simply see the hairs and chin of the person joined together (no nose
and mouth etc). The face was squashed vertically!!Please help. Thanks.

Solder joints in the vertical section most likely.

Sofie

Efandin:
A good description of vertical deflection faults.
As long as you get your Sony TV into a service shop right away while the
problem you described is still "sometimes" ..... this should be a very
economical repair.... probably cracked, cold or other wise faulty circuit
board connections in and around the vertical deflection circuitry and/or
the flyback derived B+ circuitry. If you wait for a complete failure the
repair price will be much higher.
At the very least you should TAKE your television to a service shop and
obtain a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision
with facts instead of internet or telephone guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie