Ron Novini

Default Pioneer SD-P55A3-K Projection Bowed sides & Service Menu Access

Have a Pioneer Model SD-P55A3-K Projection TV with bowed in sides.
Originally, this set came in with a no startup condition. Replaced
blown fuse on P-25v line to convergence board. Checked low ohm resistors
on convergence board. Replaced the two STK 392-110 convergence amps.
Re-soldered cracks in both the convergence board and the power supply/
deflection board. First, I would like to access the service menu on this
model. Does anyone have any info on accessing service menu and what
settings appear as? Secondly, have I missed anything? Thanks ahead, Ron.

Ampdoc

Replace amp assembly (AWZ6190)and convergence control assembly(AWZ6195). You
still have a problem there. One of the failure modes for the convergence
control is to cause excessive DC bias and make the unit blow that fuse and
damage parts on the amp assembly, the factory has placed some mods on both
boards to prevent reoccurance. Recheck all solder joints on the
power/deflection board. Check all electrolytic capacitors in the
H-deflection. If you need the schematic e-mail me. To get in the service
mode press the hidden button through the hole in or below the customer
control panel. I would HIGHLY suggest a copy of the manual as the
adjustments are not intuitive or user-friendly, also bowing like that is
most unlikely to be corrected in the menu.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

news:940955c13455eda4a01a5e57d567231f.123933@mygat e.mailgate.org...