Bert Dobrie

Default Hitachi HDTV Projection dead. No picture or sound. HELP!

Hello,
I have a Hitachi 51UWX20B TV. It is just over one year old. (&^$*^#*&%)

I can turn it on with the remote or with the switch on front of the TV.
During the first 2 seconds or so, I can turn the TV off again with the
remote, but after 2 seconds, I can only turn it off with the switch on the
front of the TV.

I took the cover off just for the heck of it, I figured it wouldn't hurt to
look inside. When I turn it TV on, I hear relays click on, the speakers make
the low-pitch pop, like normal.

There are 3 green and one red LED lights on the various boards on the bottom
of the TV which light up. And the LED on the front of the TV lights up.

I checked three fuses, all which are ok.

There is no picture or sound. The TV is just dark. There is not even a flash
of light or anything in the CRTs. Completely dark. I tried the MAGIC-FOCUS
button, just to
see if that would make an image appear, but it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I have a service tech coming out next
Saturday, but I can't go a week without TV-- and I doubt he would have
parts.... I mean, I'll miss "24" on
Tuesday!

Thanks for any input.

-Bert

James Sweet

"Bert Dobrie" wrote in message
[...]

Don't mess with it, there's nothing you can accomplish except for breaking
it worse by poking around in there without proper tools and experience. The
tech may well be able to get it working onsite, just wait and see what
happens. I'm not sure what the big deal is about going a week without TV,
but you could always go pick up a cheapie as a spare, or even go to a thrift
shop and grab something to use until then.

BWL

Or rent one.
Bob Shuman

Or use your VCR to record shows you don't want to miss (assuming you have an
older VCR that can be programmed without a screen....) .

"BWL" wrote in message
Or rent one.