Bert Dobrie

Default Hitachi HDTV Projection dead. No picture or sound. HELP!

Hello,
I have a Hitachi 51UWX20B TV. It is just over one year old. (&^$*^#*&%)

I can turn it on with the remote or with the switch on front of the TV.
During the first 2 seconds or so, I can turn the TV off again with the
remote, but after 2 seconds, I can only turn it off with the switch on the
front of the TV.

I took the cover off just for the heck of it, I figured it wouldn't hurt to
look inside. When I turn it TV on, I hear relays click on, the speakers make
the low-pitch pop, like normal.

There are 3 green and one red LED lights on the various boards on the bottom
of the TV which light up. And the LED on the front of the TV lights up.

I checked three fuses, all which are ok.

There is no picture or sound. The TV is just dark. There is not even a flash
of light or anything in the CRTs. Completely dark. I tried the MAGIC-FOCUS
button, just to
see if that would make an image appear, but it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I have a service tech coming out next
Saturday, but I can't go a week without TV-- and I doubt he would have
parts.... I mean, I'll miss "24" on
Tuesday!

Thanks for any input.

-Bert