karl davis

Default IBM ThinkPad T20 Lost Password and Need Power Supply

IBM ThinkPad T20 Lost Password and Need Power Supply - must be cheap!

I have two problems now...the first is I have no power supply for this
laptop as it was faulty so the last owner binned it.so I`m told.

The second problem is that there is a supervisor password that I cannot
seem to get around as I tried killcmos but the floppy is locked out too.

Any help or advice would be appreciated ?

Regards,

Karl.

David

Try Ebay for power supply, most go for around $40 plus S&H. Also an option
to check at Computer Renaisance if there is one in your area.

The Password is another issue. Try checking IBM's technical support website
first.

David

"karl davis" wrote in message
IBM ThinkPad T20 Lost Password and Need Power Supply - must be cheap!

I have two problems now...the first is I have no power supply for this
laptop as it was faulty so the last owner binned it.so I`m told.

The second problem is that there is a supervisor password that I cannot
seem to get around as I tried killcmos but the floppy is locked out too.

Any help or advice would be appreciated ?

Regards,

Karl.

BFriedl

For password recovery, you will need to reset the cmos. Search board for
a secondary battery. My Toshiba had a total of 3 batteries in it.
Disconnect all and wait 1 minute before reconnecting. CMOS should be cleared

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician

Jack

T20 uses a security chip which cannot be reset by removing batteries. How do
I know, I just had one with same problem.
Look in google about "security chip".

I used Joe in Australia to recover the original password and unlock my
machine.
You can also try to get a new security chip for it.

Jan / Finland

karl davis wrote:
IBM ThinkPad T20 Lost Password and Need Power Supply - must be cheap!

I have two problems now...the first is I have no power supply for this
laptop as it was faulty so the last owner binned it.so I`m told.

The second problem is that there is a supervisor password that I cannot
seem to get around as I tried killcmos but the floppy is locked out too.

Any help or advice would be appreciated ?

Regards,

Karl.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician
AIM: UACybercat
** Bear Down Arizona! **
******* Go Cats! *******

H. Dziardziel

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:27:54 -0000, "karl davis"
wrote:

IBM ThinkPad T20 Lost Password and Need Power Supply - must be cheap!

I have two problems now...the first is I have no power supply for this
laptop as it was faulty so the last owner binned it.so I`m told.

The second problem is that there is a supervisor password that I cannot
seem to get around as I tried killcmos but the floppy is locked out too.

Any help or advice would be appreciated ?

Regards,

Karl.

You are indeed fortunate to live where affluent neighbors toss out
fairly recent fully charged laptops when only the power suppy goes
kaput.

karl davis

Thanks to those who offered help and the person who emailed me too and I
have returned it to the person who asked me to sort this out for them as
they had locked themselves out ...dumb, yes..a thief no.

Regards,

karl.