stewart

Default philips CP90 15CE1518 fault

Can anyone please help with my cp90 philips 15CE1518 set
After being switched on for the first time for about a year it worked
fine for about 2 hours. Now the display is going haywire, showing
channel numbers, three bar tuning, all at random.
At first I thought it was the memory cell but I'm getting 2.4v at
pin42. If I press vol+ or - or the tuning buttons on the set and
hold, then the display stops changing.
Hope someone can shed some light.
stewart

"eddumweer" wrote in message ...

HI peter i'm afraid you've lost me , this is a 15inch TV
Maybe the local keyboard has a short circuit after last time you used it.
You can disconnect it without technical problems, the ktv must work without.

If it's disconnected check it again, if ok now replace local keyboard.

Greetings Peter

"stewart" schreef in bericht
om...
Can anyone please help with my cp90 philips 15CE1518 set
After being switched on for the first time for about a year it worked
fine for about 2 hours. Now the display is going haywire, showing
channel numbers, three bar tuning, all at random.
At first I thought it was the memory cell but I'm getting 2.4v at
pin42. If I press vol+ or - or the tuning buttons on the set and
hold, then the display stops changing.
Hope someone can shed some light.

eddumweer

Hi Steward,

as the 15ce1518 points to it's a 15 inch ktv, CE1 to a cp90 chassis

Of course I don't know every cp90, most of the set's sold here in Holland,
most of them have a local keyboard for searching the stations, Prog and
Volume + and -, and memory open and close. So if your local keyboard has a
short this problem could happens. Als check the ripple at the +5 Volt of the
microcontroller.

Greetings Peter

"stewart" schreef in bericht
om...