Laziter [9440]

Default Sony MultiScan 200GS... HELP

Hi

I've got this great monitor, at least it's supposed to be great..
But now all I can see is a round bright dot in the middle of the screen.. It
happened all of a sudden, no smoke no nothing.

Now I'm wondering, how can I fix this problem myself?
I turned it off in an instant to make sure not to burn the screen center, so
it SHOULD be possible to fix it..
But alas, I'm all new to this monitor repairing, so I would really
appreciate some hints..
What should I look for inside this thing?
Are there any common "faults" with this monitor that could cause this
problem?

Well, quite frankly I really don't know what else to ask about, please give
me some advice.. Anything will do as long as it can help me.

Best regards
Benjamin
(remove NOSPAM)

Jerry G.

Without the proper training, and some basic test and measurement gear for TV
and monitor service, you will not be able to do this type of repair. You
will require to have the service manual, a DVM, and for many types of
troubleshooting, you will need a scope to start with.

The first thing is to verify the outputs of the main power supply,
verification of the high voltage, verification of the scan signals, and then
work in to the scan amplifiers. You must have some high voltage because you
see a dot on the screen. Note, that when working in a monitor or TV set,
there are some serious safety concerns.

I would suggest you take the monitor to an authorized service centre to have
an estimate done, so you can make an intelligent decision about servicing
it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG