Harry McGuffin

Default Aged Zenith codes

Folks,

Could anyone help me access the service menu on my Zenith SG2037W (circa
1991)? I would like to slightly adjust the vertical height on the picture
if that adjustment is available on the service menu for this TV. The most
common code listed for Zenith is the HOLD MENU [9] [8] [7] [6] ENTER. That
does not work at all.

David

You need to fix the aging capacitors in the set. Probably only two or three
weak ones by now.
There is no service mode on that tv due to its age.
David

Harry McGuffin wrote in message
Folks,

Could anyone help me access the service menu on my Zenith SG2037W (circa
1991)? I would like to slightly adjust the vertical height on the picture
if that adjustment is available on the service menu for this TV. The most
common code listed for Zenith is the HOLD MENU [9] [8] [7] [6] ENTER.

That
does not work at all.

Hawkeye

The only info on Zenith I've ever seen or used, this from
http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/

5.3 ZENITH
Read the _ SERVICE MODE WARNING _ before proceeding.

Using the television's front panel controls:

To access the service menus, press and hold the menu button, then
press and hold the volume down (or volume up) and channel down (or
right adjust) so that all three are depressed simultaneously. The
standard menu that was displayed will change to one of the service
menus. Now the standard controls are used to search through the menus
(the remote can be used to do this). Use "select" to choose a menu
item and "adjust" to alter the setting. Enter commits to a setting,
and menu itself closes the service menu. When menu is pressed again
the standard menu will return, unless the three key sequence is used.

Using the television's remote control:

Turn the TV on. Hold down the [MENU] key on the remote until the menu
clears or "Welcome to Zenith" appears then release the [MENU] key and
within two (2) seconds hit the following five keys:

[9], [8], [7], [6], [ENTER]

Harry McGuffin

OK. It's worth a try that's for sure. Thanks for supplying this
information.

Might have to practice that keypad sequence to smoothly enter it within the
2-second limit. Right now all that happens is the channel changes when I
try it.