Xaghra

Default Samsung TV Default settings

Hi, can anyone help. I have a 2 .5 year old Samsung CI523 25"
television. Worked fine, until my young son pressed a series of
buttons on the remote control. The tv has now changed all settings on
the menu. I cannot get all of the menu back, I managed to tune the
video back, but the sound has gone completely. I personnaly think that
it has set itself up as a 21" french TV. The picture is smaller and I
cannot change the setting in the function menu at all, the settings
show pal/secam instead of pal and I think the sound has gone to PAL g
istead of PAL I. I live in the UK. If memory serves correct I remember
that threre are factory default settings that can be reached to change
the set back to normal state.I'm getting to the point where its going
out the window soon and I cannot afford £500 for a new one. Help.

Many thanks

Xaghra
Patch

"Xaghra" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I would think a call to a local TV repair shop could help you sort it out
over the phone, at no charge.

Jerry G.

Find out the Samsung service rep for your area. They will sort this out for
you. If it is not a failure in the set that requires service, they should
be able to help you over the phone. There may be a sequence to re-set your
user settings, and the set will work again. We are servicing some models of
equipment, where there is a master user reset, and all is working normal
again.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Xaghra" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Jason D.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:02:40 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

Find out the Samsung service rep for your area. They will sort this out for
you. If it is not a failure in the set that requires service, they should
be able to help you over the phone. There may be a sequence to re-set your
user settings, and the set will work again. We are servicing some models of
equipment, where there is a master user reset, and all is working normal
again.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG

As your son have discovered, the samsung service mode is very easy to
get in, via remote's buttons pressed in right sequence, one after
another. Get tv brought in at samsung authorized shop.

Most of other brands requires combined two or more buttons pressed at
same time in right order so it's harder to mess up.

Cheers,

Wizard