Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general

Default PC Smoke

Quad Core Desktop Windows 7 PC been running for several days.
Today plug and unplugged USB drives to make a copy to USB Drive.

Started the copy and the screen went blank and the room filled with
smoke. Smelled like burning resistor (I think). I have smelled that
smell before.

Turned off the PC power.
Turned on the fans to get the smoke out.
Smoke detectors did not alert.

What are typical failures to look for?

Please give suggestions.
First I need to figure out how to get the cover off.

O/T: Still Smoke? Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 40 July 31st 12 03:27 AM
Smoke detectors Kurt Ullman Home Repair 40 October 26th 09 11:50 PM
CFL's & smoke Ozzie[_2_] Home Repair 16 May 22nd 08 11:20 PM
How not to smoke [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 18th 07 01:52 AM
Smoke alarms for rooms where people smoke [email protected] UK diy 26 January 10th 05 04:54 PM