Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Laptop battery tech info.

Google didn't find much of interest.

Is there any resource of general tech info on laptop batteries?

Some I've opened have Arizona Microchip PIC on the PCB, some have BQ prefix
charge control chips - those I can maybe find online.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:25:04 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Google didn't find much of interest.
Is there any resource of general tech info on laptop batteries?

Usually there's quite a bit of info in the app notes for the various
fuel gauge and controller chips.

This might be of interest:
https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-11/Miller/BH_US_11_Miller_Battery_Firmware_Public_WP.pdf

Some I've opened have Arizona Microchip PIC on the PCB, some have BQ prefix
charge control chips - those I can maybe find online.

Just Microchip, not Az Microchip.
http://www.microchip.com/design-centers/battery-management

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Google didn't find much of interest.
Is there any resource of general tech info on laptop batteries?

Usually there's quite a bit of info in the app notes for the various
fuel gauge and controller chips.

This might be of interest:
https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-11/Miller/BH_US_11_Miller_Battery_Firmware_Public_WP.pdf

Looks interesting - thanks.

Some I've opened have Arizona Microchip PIC on the PCB, some have BQ
prefix
charge control chips - those I can maybe find online.

Just Microchip, not Az Microchip.
http://www.microchip.com/design-centers/battery-management

Last time I used the term; "microchip" - everyone assumed I meant just a
chip.

Warwick Amp tech info ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 5 September 12th 10 01:43 PM
Charging a laptop battery without the laptop? [email protected] Electronics Repair 20 December 10th 08 06:59 PM
New windstar website Tech info Scott Home Repair 0 May 6th 07 02:58 AM
tech info musty Woodworking 3 January 11th 07 05:32 PM
Ariston AF200 Dishwasher fault - tech info? PJ UK diy 0 October 12th 05 05:28 PM