Old November 22nd 15, 07:20 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Troubleshooting Bose QC2 Noise Canceling Headphones

I'm not getting any sound in the right ear piece of my headphones. I opened it up and tested the speaker by connecting it directly to an audio jack cable and it works. I also tested the continuity of the wires running from the left ear piece to the right, from one end of the external audio cable to the other, and of the wires running from the speaker to the circuit board.. If I directly connect an audio jack to the wires at the circuit board end, the speaker works so I don't think it's a bad solder there. Does anyone have any other suggestions? This is my first repair project so no suggestion is too basic.

Old December 1st 15, 10:50 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 1:20:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm not getting any sound in the right ear piece of my headphones. I opened it up and tested the speaker by connecting it directly to an audio jack cable and it works. I also tested the continuity of the wires running from the left ear piece to the right, from one end of the external audio cable to the other, and of the wires running from the speaker to the circuit board. If I directly connect an audio jack to the wires at the circuit board end, the speaker works so I don't think it's a bad solder there. Does anyone have any other suggestions? This is my first repair project so no suggestion is too basic.

I expect that the circuit board is buggered. There is no direct connection between the audio input and the drivers themselves. Those are driven by the board output - which is a combination of the audio signal and the cancellation signal(s). This may have to go back to Bose. Otherwise, you may have to connect the input directly to the driver(s) Thereby obviating the cancellation function.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA