Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Phone noise in noise canceling headphone

I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling
headset to my phone.

What can I do to kill that noise?

Ferrite beads or rings?

Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable?

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling headset to my phone. What can I do to kill that noise? Ferrite beads or rings? Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable? -- Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Leif Neland wrote:
I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling
headset to my phone.

What can I do to kill that noise?

Ferrite beads or rings?

Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable?

Switch to Verizon ?

Greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Den 20/10/2013, skrev gregz:
Leif Neland wrote:
I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling
headset to my phone.

What can I do to kill that noise?

Ferrite beads or rings?

Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable?

Switch to Verizon ?

If I do, will the phone still make the noise when trying to connect to
a carrier on another continent? I'm in Denmark. Europe, you know :-)

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling headset to my phone. What can I do to kill that noise? Ferrite beads or rings? Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable? -- Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cydrome Leader sendte dette med sin computer:
Leif Neland wrote:
kom med denne ide:
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:49:41 AM UTC-5, Leif Neland wrote:
I get the classic "woodpecker" sound when I connect my noise-cancelling
headset to my phone. What can I do to kill that noise? Ferrite beads or
rings? Tinfoil around the electronics blob on the cable?

How do you connect the headphones to your telephone? Are the impedances
reasonably matched? Is thre any acoustic feedback from the headphones into
the microphone of the telephone?

I assume a mini-headphone jack plugged into the headphone outlet on the
phone is the right way to do it, and the impedance is probably
reasonably too. :-)

I am not talking about using the headset for "phoning", only for
listening to podcast/music while commuting publicly, so the microphone
on the telephone are not in business.

Sounds like a cell phone, and you're posting from a .dk domain

The problem is probably the rediculous pulses GSM phones send out.

This not a problem with the properly designed CDMA system.

Is this the sound you're hearing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxPVUM3y54

You are right. I can on my phone select
* GSM/WCDMA (automatically)
* GSM only
* WCDMA only

I'll try WCDMA only next time.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I get that noise over CDs I rip onto iTunes on my MacBook Pro. It comes and goes as the recording is progressing. It is incredibly annoying when you record 20-30 CDs and then have to listen IN REAL TIME to all of them to see which are affected to re-record them and hope the clicking doesn't recur!

It should be possible to design a noise detection system similar to the SAE impulse noise reduction system which recognises scratches on LPs but a better way should be to figure out which bit of the computer needs better shielding. I don't get the noise when I record the CD with the phone AWAY from the computer, eg charging in another room.

(sorry if this is a bit OT: I have a half dozen pairs of noise reduction cans and have never had this problem with any of them)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/18/2013 05:58 AM, Amanda Riphnykhazova wrote:
I get that noise over CDs I rip onto iTunes on my MacBook Pro. It
comes and goes as the recording is progressing. It is incredibly
annoying when you record 20-30 CDs and then have to listen IN REAL
TIME to all of them to see which are affected to re-record them and
hope the clicking doesn't recur!

It should be possible to design a noise detection system similar to
the SAE impulse noise reduction system which recognises scratches on
LPs but a better way should be to figure out which bit of the
computer needs better shielding. I don't get the noise when I record
the CD with the phone AWAY from the computer, eg charging in another
room.

(sorry if this is a bit OT: I have a half dozen pairs of noise
reduction cans and have never had this problem with any of them)

As every Part 15 advisory on every thing with an oscillator in it says,
if problems are encountered increase the distance between the devices.