Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Phone noise in noise canceling headphone

I get that noise over CDs I rip onto iTunes on my MacBook Pro. It comes and goes as the recording is progressing. It is incredibly annoying when you record 20-30 CDs and then have to listen IN REAL TIME to all of them to see which are affected to re-record them and hope the clicking doesn't recur!

It should be possible to design a noise detection system similar to the SAE impulse noise reduction system which recognises scratches on LPs but a better way should be to figure out which bit of the computer needs better shielding. I don't get the noise when I record the CD with the phone AWAY from the computer, eg charging in another room.

(sorry if this is a bit OT: I have a half dozen pairs of noise reduction cans and have never had this problem with any of them)