casab

Default Nokia 800Xi monitor

I have a couple of Nokia (NEC) flat panel displays which have the same
(typical?) problem. When I switch them on, everything is ok for few seconds
(2 in one of them and 4 in another) and after that monitors switch the
backlight off. The monitor powersupply is all the time ok, no change in the
voltage. I have followed the problem to the inverterboard (NEC HIU-391C)
which supply the backlights but there, without any shematic, my skills are
not enough. Have somebody any experience to help me?

Jerry G.

Check the voltage across the backlights to see if there is any. You will
need an HV probe to that test. It may be the backlight supply, and or the
lights themselves.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

"casab" wrote in message
I have a couple of Nokia (NEC) flat panel displays which have the same
(typical?) problem. When I switch them on, everything is ok for few seconds
(2 in one of them and 4 in another) and after that monitors switch the
backlight off. The monitor powersupply is all the time ok, no change in the
voltage. I have followed the problem to the inverterboard (NEC HIU-391C)
which supply the backlights but there, without any shematic, my skills are
not enough. Have somebody any experience to help me?

casab

There are the voltage across backlights for a few seconds and the backlights
are glowing. After that nothing.
My problem is why the backlight supply shuts down.

Thanks for your message!

Matti