Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi Unisen TV LT-52151 takes long time to show picture

I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch flat screen. Things I've tried:

1. I've unplugged the TV, replugged it in

2. Used a different HDMI device and a different HDMI cable and proved it was the TV, not any of the HDMI devices connected.

3. Verified the "fast boot" option is enabled. Tried turning this setting on. Still slow. Turned it back on, still slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 20/08/2015 19:41, Analogman2 wrote:
I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch flat screen. Things I've tried:

1. I've unplugged the TV, replugged it in

2. Used a different HDMI device and a different HDMI cable and proved it was the TV, not any of the HDMI devices connected.

3. Verified the "fast boot" option is enabled. Tried turning this setting on. Still slow. Turned it back on, still slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Try small-scale directed hot-air over the caps in the ps while dormant.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 20/08/2015 19:41, Analogman2 wrote:
I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up
to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but
no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch flat screen. Things
I've tried:

1. I've unplugged the TV, replugged it in

2. Used a different HDMI device and a different HDMI cable and proved it
was the TV, not any of the HDMI devices connected.

3. Verified the "fast boot" option is enabled. Tried turning this setting
on. Still slow. Turned it back on, still slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Try small-scale directed hot-air over the caps in the ps while dormant.

About the same as my thoughts. The capacitors in the power supply section
may be going bad. Before too long it may not come on at all.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Analogman2" wrote in message
I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up
to 2 minutes before the picture shows.

Any sound at this time ?

Arfa

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I plan on pulling of the back cover today to see if any caps in the PS are bulging. Maybe check with an ESR meter as well. As far as sound, the sound went out shortly after I bought the TV a good 5 or more years ago but since I have surround sound, I never bothered to do anything about it. The set is very heavy and requires 2 people to move it.

If this is an ESR capacitor problem, does heating the caps up cause ESR to lower?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Analogman2" wrote in message
I plan on pulling of the back cover today to see if any caps in the PS are
bulging. Maybe check with an ESR meter as well. As far as sound, the sound
went out shortly after I bought the TV a good 5 or more years ago but
since I have surround sound, I never bothered to do anything about it. The
set is very heavy and requires 2 people to move it.

If this is an ESR capacitor problem, does heating the caps up cause ESR to
lower?

Probably, but why even bother to check ? If your ESR meter says it's bad at
room temperature, then it's bad, end of ... Not having had any sound for
five years doesn't help with remote NG diagnosis, as it's quite an important
indicator as to what exactly is and isn't working when it's wrong

Arfa