Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Mitsubishi Unisen TV LT-52151 takes long time to show picture

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 20/08/2015 19:41, Analogman2 wrote:
I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up
to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but
no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch flat screen. Things
I've tried:

1. I've unplugged the TV, replugged it in

2. Used a different HDMI device and a different HDMI cable and proved it
was the TV, not any of the HDMI devices connected.

3. Verified the "fast boot" option is enabled. Tried turning this setting
on. Still slow. Turned it back on, still slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Try small-scale directed hot-air over the caps in the ps while dormant.

About the same as my thoughts. The capacitors in the power supply section
may be going bad. Before too long it may not come on at all.