Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tapco Juice J.1400 slave amp

One fan fails to start. Presumably 12V but only 3.8 to 4V over both fans
at start up. Recognised problem /solution.? Assuming its like the 2500
(sm out there) then 39R/3W dropper, is 27R/2W in here. I can see it
being replaced with 10R + PTC thermistor of 15R hot . It would seem
that , when operating at power, a TO220 transistor bypasses that
resistor, proportionally.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

12V .37A fans. Same circuit structure as the J2500. Could not find a
suitable PTC. May as well use the TIP41 and put an R and C between 12V
and its base for switch-on full-on confirmation and 47R over the
existing 27R 2W, to raise the "cold" fan voltage a bit, 4V I consider
too low, 1/2 normal rating is waht I'd expect for slow running, plus
initial kicker voltage. Fans are fine, the front one clogged with dust
and hair.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The 4V over the fans was due to the dropper going high to 38R, 27R 5W
vitreous went in there instead. 2200uF/25V and 1K between base and 12V
now gives the more reliable fans full-on at switch-on then drops down
over about 5 seconds to low noise 6V drive, waiting for high power , on
demand.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Are you sure it is PTC ? Kinda seems like it ought to be NTC.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I originally red that 2W as 27R. Looking closer to it ,
orange/brown/black. Not E24 value but orange is midway orange and
red,more orange than red , the background is light grey. Central section
is slightly darker grey and coating is a bit flakey in a spiral pattern,
so overheated , loosing MO material and going up in resistance.
Definitely brown ring, but I assume the colours were red/purple/black
originally. Going from 27R to 38R

celebrity juice brass monkey UK diy 2 November 14th 12 08:28 PM
Tapco Juice J 2500 slave amp, 2007 N_Cook Electronics Repair 6 January 10th 11 02:28 PM
OT little boy wants apple juice mm Home Repair 1 June 16th 07 11:31 AM
How much juice does it use? aspasia Home Repair 25 November 17th 06 11:01 PM
Mazatlan Juice Steve B Home Repair 15 October 28th 06 01:38 PM