Daniel M

Default Zenith tv with vertical out

I need help with a SJ2065S5 Zenith TV. All i have is a horizantal line
across the screen. I have looked at the LA7837 and i apparently am not
getting VCC to the chip. 0vdc.

Can anyone give me a location to try next? I have not been able to find
R3242 on this board. This is the 20" not the 27".

Thanks.

daniel.

Daniel M

Ok, so do you know the designator or location of the resistor so i can
check. In just probing around they all looked good but i could have missed
the right one. Also i have already replaced the IC.

daniel.

"Mike" wrote in message
the fusible resistor providing the B+ has opened, because that IC has
failed.

"Daniel M" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I need help with a SJ2065S5 Zenith TV. All i have is a horizantal

line
across the screen. I have looked at the LA7837 and i apparently am

not
getting VCC to the chip. 0vdc.

Can anyone give me a location to try next? I have not been able to

find
R3242 on this board. This is the 20" not the 27".

Thanks.

daniel.

Mike

ok, here is what you want to do.

Pin1 is your VCC, and you need to put your DMM on DC.

you like you said, probably at 0volts. well, trace that foil line, and you
will run into a diode, one side of the diode is DC, and if you see 0volts
then go to the other side and put your DMM on AC, and see if its a 0volts,
if so, then keep going, then you will see a part that starts with an R, then
one side will be 0v, and the other will be 12 or higher volts. the other
side should run to the flyback winding.

ink.net...

"Mike" wrote in message
the fusible resistor providing the B+ has opened, because that IC

has
failed.

"Daniel M" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I need help with a SJ2065S5 Zenith TV. All i have is a horizantal

line
across the screen. I have looked at the LA7837 and i apparently am

not
getting VCC to the chip. 0vdc.

Can anyone give me a location to try next? I have not been able to

find
R3242 on this board. This is the 20" not the 27".

Thanks.

daniel.

Mike

in a nutshell, basically, keep tracing it back from pin 1.

The resistor may come before or after the diode.

but remember. on the pin1 side of the diode is Dc, and the other side is AC.

arthlink.net...