Mike

Default 1997 zenith 25" vertical deflection problem

undoubtedly resistors changed in value, or caps that went High in ESR, or
leak.

sounds like the caps in the vert output is dried up.

the vertical deflection circuit is usually a single in-line packadge that is
mounted on a heatsink nearby the yoke winding plug-in on the board.

Other things on heatsinks, may be the damper/HOT, regulators.

Usually one large, or two heatsinks in the set.

one has the regulator, one has the HOT, and one has the vert IC. IC has many
pins, HOT only has 3, some regulators only have 3, the ones that have STK,
or STR have many pins.

the vert IC begins in the range of LA, or TDA, or something like that.

"Q.Frost" wrote in message
m...
Model number is z2411s, inside the back lists the board as a standard
"z" series board for 25 and 27" models. Didn't get the board number.

My problem is this - the screen is approx. letterbox size with lower
edge bright white. I generally work on pinball electronics -
televisions are out of my league, but I got this set free, so...

Is it worth a trip to a repair shop?

Otherwise I'd check it myself for the usual cold soldier joints, caps,
etc., *except* for my great respect of large capacitors, and that
without schematics I don't know where the vertical deflection circuit
is located on the board.

Thanks for your suggestions - I did a quick search here for related
posts, could find anything for this model number.

- Q Frost

Sofie

Q Frost:
Your diagnosis was most likely correct. If you are careful you might be
able to fix this yourself by first going to the website for this newsgroup
at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
Lots of information there including IMPORTANT safety warnings.
Not usually a very expensive repair at a service shop...... if in doubt,
get an estimate first so you can make an intelligent repair decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie