Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general

Default Windows BMW dealer software cable for programming Bimmers

Just bought my first BMW, a 2002 525i with 130K miles on it,
so I downloaded the dealer software (INPA) for changing settings
such as the automatic locking at 5mph (which I want to turn OFF!).

Since I have a Windows 7 machine with USB (but not serial ports),
all I need now is the $20 cable to go from the 16-pin OBDII connector
near the driver, to the USB port on the Windows 7 laptop.

It seems most cables online are for the newer (D-Can) BMWs, and
because of that, they're more expensive ($50) than I need ($20).

But I just want the older cheaper BMW cable (with pin 7 & 8 as the K-Line).

Do any of you have an older (1997 to 2003) BMW that uses the
older K-Line cables?

Where did you get your cable?