Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Flat screen TV inductor question.

I parted out a flat screen TV, I pulled an inductor off a board. The
inductor is about 3" long and an inch in diameter. It is wound with a
litz type wire and the value is 5.6uH.
I'm curious, what was the use of this coil. It seemed to carry a
pretty heavy current, because it was mounted with 4 pins on each end and
all four pins were connected to the litz. Also the solder joints to all
the pins were over heated.
So, in what circuit would this be used.

Thanks, Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, amdx wrote:

I parted out a flat screen TV, I pulled an inductor off a board. The inductor
is about 3" long and an inch in diameter. It is wound with a litz type wire
and the value is 5.6uH.
I'm curious, what was the use of this coil. It seemed to carry a pretty
heavy current, because it was mounted with 4 pins on each end and all four
pins were connected to the litz. Also the solder joints to all the pins were
over heated.
So, in what circuit would this be used.

Thanks, Mikek

The trick is to keep the boards intact until you need the parts, then the
context helps reveal information about the part.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/28/2013 10:22 AM, Michael Black wrote:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, amdx wrote:

I parted out a flat screen TV, I pulled an inductor off a board. The
inductor is about 3" long and an inch in diameter. It is wound with a
litz type wire and the value is 5.6uH.
I'm curious, what was the use of this coil. It seemed to carry a
pretty heavy current, because it was mounted with 4 pins on each end
and all four pins were connected to the litz. Also the solder joints
to all the pins were over heated.
So, in what circuit would this be used.

Thanks, Mikek

The trick is to keep the boards intact until you need the parts, then
the context helps reveal information about the part.

Michael

I have boxes of boards, I'm just curious about the use of this
physically large inductor.

Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, amdx wrote:

I parted out a flat screen TV, I pulled an inductor off a board. The
inductor is about 3" long and an inch in diameter. It is wound with a
litz type wire and the value is 5.6uH.
I'm curious, what was the use of this coil. It seemed to carry a
pretty heavy current, because it was mounted with 4 pins on each end
and all four pins were connected to the litz. Also the solder joints
to all the pins were over heated.
So, in what circuit would this be used.

Thanks, Mikek

The trick is to keep the boards intact until you need the parts, then
the context helps reveal information about the part.

Michael

I have boxes of boards, I'm just curious about the use of this physically
large inductor.

Mikek

But if you have the rest of the board, that might give an indication.
WHere it sits might be a a broad giveaway, to narrow things down.

Michael

Sony flat screen four blink code question klem kedidelhopper Electronics Repair 3 March 14th 12 02:23 AM
Flat Screen TVs jwcarlton Home Repair 28 December 25th 10 01:51 AM
Inductor Dumb Question of the Day Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 14 January 27th 08 01:30 AM
lcd flat screen monitor question RB Electronics Repair 1 March 21st 05 12:44 PM
NEC Flat screen NSM Electronics Repair 1 December 15th 04 12:16 AM