Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Who OEMs Dell laser printers?

Past and present OEMs?

Trying to see what brand toner they use...

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:51:42 PM UTC-5, DaveC wrote:
Past and present OEMs? Trying to see what brand toner they use... Thanks!

Huh ?

God damn, let a person learn two buzzwords and they think we are going to do thousands worth of research for them.

toner is toner, nobody carres what brand it is. If they do they but real OEM from the people whose name is on th eprinter. Dells, who knows how many China whores made them. If it ain't an HP or a Xerox is could be anything.

No model number,. year or date, what you want a total lixting ? If we came up with a total listiong fom say 1995 to present, you weould want us to sift it for your model.

should you choose to reveal it.

Forget it. Learn to refill the toner if you want to be cheap. Do something.

Like people ocme here with "My TV don't work". What brand, what do you mean does it lightup but show ****, or does it show nothing ? does it make any noise or sound ? Is there a power light and does it lightup ?

They are ****ing stupid. But then you have that.

so how do we **** those greddy printer techs out of some money ? They only go to five seminars a year at a cost of a grand or so each. They obnly went to trade school which means they REALLY ARE going to pay back the tuition. Their gas and insurance ain't your problem, as long as they tell you how to fix the problem for free.

Walk in here with some ****ing informnation. Intelligent peoiple get help. They are polite and included the neede3d details in the OP because they know what the needed details are.

You are not even aware of needed details. You didn't even give out the ****ing model number.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/06/2013 09:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

HP uses a 3rd party engine in many of their printers.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

HP uses a 3rd party engine in many of their printers.

Likely all. Why do you think I hang on to my made-by-Canon HP 4M?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If anyone has any informed opinions on printers, what do you think of the HP CM1312nfi ? I really like mine but I wonder if I can expect it to last another ten years, now that I know how to clean the mirror in it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/07/2013 07:45 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
HP uses a 3rd party engine in many of their printers.

Likely all. Why do you think I hang on to my made-by-Canon HP 4M?

To say "all" I would have had to look it up. I knew "most" was a fact.
Thanks for noticing me slackin' ;-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/07/2013 06:40 AM, dave wrote:
On 11/06/2013 09:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

Most if not all per WS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dell 2330dn

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 11/07/2013 07:45 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

HP uses a 3rd party engine in many of their printers.

Likely all. Why do you think I hang on to my made-by-Canon HP 4M?

To say "all" I would have had to look it up. I knew "most" was a fact.
Thanks for noticing me slackin' ;-)

You weren't slack, just cautious. As I was when I said "likely".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment

Dell 2330dn

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, November 8, 2013 2:09:20 PM UTC-5, DaveC wrote:
Dell 2330dn

Can't say 100% since I don't have one, but I believe it's an OEM Lexmark.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 09/11/2013 04:51, Genesys wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2013 2:09:20 PM UTC-5, DaveC wrote:
Dell 2330dn

Can't say 100% since I don't have one, but I believe it's an OEM Lexmark.

You believe right. Suggest the OP googles "Dell 2330dn lexmark equivalent".

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/6/2013 8:51 PM, DaveC wrote:
Past and present OEMs?

Trying to see what brand toner they use...

Actually, the question you appear to want to ask is
"whose marking engine is used in Dell printers"
as any OEM probably still buys the marking engine
from someone else!

If you have one, why not open it up and see whose
name/PN's are on *that*?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Don Y wrote:

Actually, the question you appear to want to ask is
"whose marking engine is used in Dell printers"
as any OEM probably still buys the marking engine
from someone else!

Considering the fact that DELL IS THE OEM, not the other way around.

In computers, an OEM is someone who buys an item and slaps their name
on it.

In automobiles, it's the other way around because the US Congress screwed
that pooch too.

HP started out OEM'ing Canon laser printers, Apple OEM'ed the same printers,
with an added Adobe postscript board. This small development of a desktop
laser printer started a whole industry, and changed Canon from a successful
camera company to a very large office product company.

They still sell cameras, but it is a very small fraction of the size of
their office product divisions.

Geoff

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:51:42 PM UTC-5, DaveC wrote:
Past and present OEMs? Trying to see what brand toner they use... Thanks!

Sorry about being bitchy...

The crux of the matter is if the toner cartidge has a roller. I know it does on my HP. Or they actuall becasue there are four.

the way I see it, you are here to try to save money on toner. the best way to do that is to refill the cartirdges youself, and unless there is some sort of page count **** in there like ther eis in my HP, you can do it forever.

Toner is toner. There is a slight possibility that it is different for a Tektronix phaser printer but tha tis not the issue. This toner is the same **** they always used in Xerox machines in the 1960s. It might be a bit more refined but if you know how the thing worlls you know the toner has to have certain properties.

If that Xerox machine they pulled out "Secret Weapons For Silent Wars" from worked, which it did, that same toner can do the same thing in your laser printer.

If the granules of it are ot fine enough or something it might cause wear or something, but think about thee life of the unit.

I remenber this Pontiac that leaked the fluid from the differential all over the back brakes. Know what I did ? Not put any more grease in. Thing is, that rear end would last about ten million miles with grease, but only maybe a hundred thousand without.

A hundred thousand miles from now ? I couldn't care less.

The thing to find out if how it tells when the toner is low. If there is no chip issue like in mine, just find out where to drill the hole and be refilling it.

Standard copy machine toner should be fine for most printers for the black. Getting cyan, maganta and yellow is a different story. If you go to refilling them yourself, look at the places selling the stuff. They may have some caveats like "DO NOT USE IN X PRINTERS...) you know.

Funny sometimes you can learn alot from peole who are trying to sell you something.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

OEMs would have you believe that there are meaningful differences in toner
quality. I've used refilled cartridges on several occasions, and not had
problems.

However, the cartridge -- which usually contains the photosensitive drum, and
other components -- is subject to wear and tear. It can't be used
"indefinitely".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

By the way, some months back I had problems with an HP-original cartridge (not
a refill) that started streaking and otherwise misbehaving. HP's Website
explicitly stated that the cartridge remained under warranty as long as there
was toner it. With only a little grumbling, HP replaced the cartridge.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Hi Geoffrey,

On 11/9/2013 11:09 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Actually, the question you appear to want to ask is
"whose marking engine is used in Dell printers"
as any OEM probably still buys the marking engine
from someone else!

Considering the fact that DELL IS THE OEM, not the other way around.

Well, there can still be other OEM's upstream from Dell. E.g.,
they could be buying a marking engine integrated with some
smarts, possibly adding more of their own (or not) and then
rebadging it.

As far as sorting out what/whose *toner* to use/buy, I suspect
finding the marking engine manufacturer is where the OP wants to be.

(I doubt you could identify a toner manufacturer from a "genuine"
cartridge)