Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Peavey Slave Amp ...

Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high power
slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--

70484200 = MJ-15024
70474200 = MJ-15025

Dave M

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave M"
Arfa Daily wrote:

Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high
power slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

--

70484200 = MJ-15024
70474200 = MJ-15025

** Probably true enough - but PV use the codes for reason.

Motorola ( or "ON" ) select devices from regular stock to meet particular
customer's requirements and supply them with a code number that is
confidential.

With output transistors that are to be used in parallel sets, devices are
selected that have near identical Base Emitter voltages for given collector
currents. This is a parameter that varies quite independently from simple
Beta.

I recall seeing a test rig and procedure described by PV that allows service
techs to select output devices in this way.

Since they were released in 1977, MJ15024/5 devices have undergone several
major revisions of the chip design and along with batch and sample to sample
variations this renders older and newer examples incompatible for parallel
operation.

Also and not least, these same devices are on the very top of the list for
counterfeiters so you MUST know that the ones you buy are from authorised
sources.

Farnell and RS Components are safe sources - almost no-one else is.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Dave M"
Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that. It would be Farnell that I would be getting them from. I
don't think that I've currently got any in stock, but if I have, it will be
Farnell that they came from. I suppose that there are several alternatives
here. I could just go for it, and look at the voltages across the emitter
resistors to see how close a match that I've got to the others. Or I could
replace the whole set, which would be an expensive option, or I could leave
the bad pair out altogether, and maybe take a pair out of the other channel
to balance it up, if the owner doesn't use it at anywhere near the kilowatt
per channel that it claims to be.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily"

Thanks for that. It would be Farnell that I would be getting them from. I
don't think that I've currently got any in stock, but if I have, it will
be Farnell that they came from. I suppose that there are several
alternatives here. I could just go for it, and look at the voltages across
the emitter resistors to see how close a match that I've got to the
others. Or I could replace the whole set, which would be an expensive
option, or I could leave the bad pair out altogether, and maybe take a
pair out of the other channel to balance it up,

** Huh ??

That last one is plain crazy.

BTW:

PV released the 1.3K twenty years ago - the 4 digit date codes on the TO3
device will tell you when they were made.

Recent MJ15024/5s I have tested show slightly higher Vbe readings than old
ones - so will draw less current when operating in parallel.

I only get worried if new devices draw more.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/10/2013 20:17, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high
power slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

my exploration of Peavey PV 2000, 2 x 1KW, 30Kg, 2001
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/repair2p.htm
"70474200 replaced with MJ15025 and 70484200 with MJ15024"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Fair enough. Option 1 then ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high
power slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

Here's a Peavey semiconductor cross reference sheet worth keeping on file:

http://www.slideshare.net/modestogui...cross-ref-2009

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Farnell have recently set a minimum order price of £20, othrwise you have to
pay £3.95 +VAT postage.

Bummer, I used to order on a daily basis so every spare arrived next day,
Now I'm having to save them up and order weekly., and my customers wait
longer.

Cuh, its a sign o' the times.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

And that is before Royal Mail privatisation
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Funnily enough, I sent their customer liason an email about just this, only
today. I told them in no uncertain terms that I didn't think it was very
sporting of them to start doing this to their long-standing small customers
who have helped them build their business over the last 30 years into what
it is now, and have loyally stuck with them through the recent bad times. I
blame this decision in no small part on the fact that they insist on using
UPS to ship just about everything. I don't care how good a deal they have
with them, it's never going to be cheaper than Royal Mail for small packets.
Another contributory factor is the warehouse that they have in Belgium, and
from which they often ship all or part of an order. That always requires
them to use a UPS international service. I don't see why I should be
penalised for that.

Just in the last week, I have had, all from the same order, an item out of
stock, and two others shipped separately from Belgium, each of which took
UPS two days to get to me. So, not only do I now have to pay for the
shipping, I am actually getting a worse delivery service for it. The trouble
is that it's not just £3.95 either. It's that plus VAT making it £4.75.
That's enough in a lot of cases to make the difference between a repair
going ahead, and the item being scrapped.

Much of the general stuff, I now order from UK eBay suppliers, who often
offer free postage, or very reasonable postage charges based on what it
actually costs to send a 100 gram JIffy package. Farnell, unless they change
this policy, have been relegated to only supplying stuff that really does
need to come from them.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high
power slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

Here's a Peavey semiconductor cross reference sheet worth keeping on file:

http://www.slideshare.net/modestogui...cross-ref-2009

Gareth.

Cheers mate. Very useful

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high power
slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

We have stopped slavery about 60 years ago; get with the program. How would
you like to be a slave?

Shaun

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote:
Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high
power slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

I have a 1.3K, it is usually on the floor. I was trying to think where I
got the transistors. ? I have not tested it after the flood, but I hosed it
out good !
I think I should check the connectors.

Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shaun wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

Anybody know what the output transistors are in a Peavey PV-1.3K high power
slave amp ? House codes 70484200 and 70474200

TIA

Arfa

We have stopped slavery about 60 years ago; get with the program. How would
you like to be a slave?

You are a slave, if you pay taxes you didn't vote for.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.