Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony part info?

Hello all,

I got a call from a customer (or potential customer) who has a Sony
CDP-XA7ES CD player with a non functioning drawer.

NOTE: I'm not 100% sure on the model number, as his accent was hard to
understand.

Anyway, he had spoken to Sony about it, who told him it needed a
875286435 (8-752-864-35) IC, which was no longer available. I confirmed
that the IC is discontinued by Sony, but I don't know what the generic
part is. If it is a microprocessor with software on it, then its really
NLA. If its a motor drive IC, then I might be able to find it.

I realize that this may all be a moot point, as the problem could be
mechanical, but I'm hoping someone here might have a manual and be able
to tell me what this IC is.

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz