Junior Member

Location: Central Jersy
Default Heathkit IM-105 Schematic & Cal Info Needed

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston 660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

radiotek wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't that something else, when you can find it all over the place, but
for some reason they want money? I just can't fathom why that would be?

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/13/2013 11:43 AM, radiotek wrote:
I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have it but I paid for it. It's easy to pay for...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can buy a complete repro copy from www.d8apro.com.
--
Dave M

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/13/2013 10:48 AM, Jamie wrote:
radiotek wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't that something else, when you can find it all over the place, but
for some reason they want money? I just can't fathom why that would be?

Jamie

It's the difference between helping your neighbor fix his plumbing...or...
demanding that he pay you to hold the pipe for him.

Don't know about you, but I help my neighbor FOR FREE
when he asks... I often volunteer if he doesn't ask.

Think about it next time you ask for help.

Sadly, I don't have the schematic asked for.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/13/2013 2:31 PM, Hench wrote:
On 4/13/2013 11:43 AM, radiotek wrote:
I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have it but I paid for it. It's easy to pay for...

It's a Heathkit IM-105, why would he spend money to get a schematic
to repair it. Some helpful guy will make a copy of relevant pages and
get him on his way.
Mikek
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 15:43:36 +0000, radiotek
wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This might help explain (or help confuse) whatever is happening with
the Heathkit manual copyrights:
http://tubularelectronics.com/?p=483
As always, just follow the money.

http://tubularelectronics.com/Heath_Manual_Collection/Heath_Manuals_IM-IN/IM-105/

I just realized I have one of those in a pile here somewhere, which
means that I have the manual. Digging... yep, got it. However, I'm
lazy. Just download the JPG schematic and bug me if you want
something scanned or photographed out of the manual.

Incidentally, the taut band meter movement is almost indestructable,
making this meter well worth fixing.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

radiotek wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't that something else, when you can find it all over the place, but
for some reason they want money? I just can't fathom why that would be?

Jamie

It's the difference between helping your neighbor fix his plumbing...or...
demanding that he pay you to hold the pipe for him.

Don't know about you, but I help my neighbor FOR FREE
when he asks... I often volunteer if he doesn't ask.

Think about it next time you ask for help.

Sadly, I don't have the schematic asked for.

Helping your neighbour sure.

The manuals cost 30 to 40 bucks and they are old and most are falling
apart. He's asking alot for a stranger. A neighbour yes, one or 2
sheets to copy yes, but it alot to ask on the internet for more than that.

I hope somebody is able to help him and has the time to.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13.04.2013 17:43, radiotek wrote:
I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try IM 104 on http://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
.. Digging... yep, got it. However, I'm
lazy. Just download the JPG schematic and bug me if you want
something scanned or photographed out of the manual.

Ugh. Pet Peeve.

Pick a compressed bit map file type like monochrome .pdf, or monochrome
..tiff, or .gif, or .png for line drawings like schematics. Both .tiff and
older monochrome .pdf files can use the fax (CCITT Level 4? or something
like that) compression scheme which gives pretty small file.

..Jpg with it's "some sort of Fourier coefficent" compression sucks for
line drawings. Artifact city. (Color and grey level .pdf and .tiff
sometimes use .jpg. Both .tiff and .pdf are really just wrappers around
a collection of compression schemes).

Mark Zenier

Junior Member

Location: Central Jersy

Hi Jeff,

Some very nice person gave me almost everything that I was looking for which was really nice but I only need one more thing. Jeff do you have the parts layout drawing showing where the resistors and adjustments are located? Appreciate your help.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Liebermann View Post
wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This might help explain (or help confuse) whatever is happening with
the Heathkit manual copyrights:
Heathkit Manuals and the Copyright Question | Tubular Electronics
As always, just follow the money.

Index of /Heath_Manual_Collection/Heath_Manuals_IM-IN/IM-105

I just realized I have one of those in a pile here somewhere, which
means that I have the manual. Digging... yep, got it. However, I'm
lazy. Just download the JPG schematic and bug me if you want
something scanned or photographed out of the manual.

Incidentally, the taut band meter movement is almost indestructable,
making this meter well worth fixing.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 Jeff Liebermann 802.11 Junk
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Junior Member

Location: Central Jersy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike[_22_] View Post
radiotek wrote:

I am looking for the schematic and calibration instructions for my
Weston 660 / Heathkit IM-105 Multimeter so I can repair it. The Weston
660 is basically the same as the Heathkit IM-105. If this can be scanned
or you copied please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't that something else, when you can find it all over the place, but
for some reason they want money? I just can't fathom why that would be?

Jamie

It's the difference between helping your neighbor fix his plumbing...or...
demanding that he pay you to hold the pipe for him.

Don't know about you, but I help my neighbor FOR FREE
when he asks... I often volunteer if he doesn't ask.

Think about it next time you ask for help.

Sadly, I don't have the schematic asked for.
Your right Jamie.

I too try to help anyone that is in need. I can not count how many times I have emailed people looking for manuals. I only need one more thing and that is the parts layout drawing showing were the parts and adjustments are located which would really make the job repairing it easier.

Frank
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 23:34:39 +0200, radiotek
wrote:

Some very nice person gave me almost everything that I was looking for
which was really nice but I only need one more thing. Jeff do you have
the parts layout drawing showing where the resistors and adjustments are
located? Appreciate your help.

Yes. Pg 46 and 47 of the manual for the front and rear PCB. Send me
your email address to my email address in the signature and I'll email
a scan of the pages.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Some very nice person gave me almost everything that I was looking for
which was really nice but I only need one more thing. Jeff do you have
the parts layout drawing showing where the resistors and adjustments are
located? Appreciate your help.

Yes. Pg 46 and 47 of the manual for the front and rear PCB. Send me
your email address to my email address in the signature and I'll email
a scan of the pages.

Never mind the email. I'm going to be busy tonite. Here are the
files in PDF and JPG:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/Heathkit IM-105/