Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default looking for Tek 5A38 & 5B40 manuals

Hi there,

in my beloved Tek 5441, I have the named plug-ins,
but since I got the 'scope from a university dumpster,
I sadly didn't get the manuals containing schematics, etc.
with them.

Is here anybody who could send me a pdf-version of them
or could tell me where I can find them?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well the 5B40 is at http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/

They do not seem to have the 5A38, although they have some 5A series manuals. It depends on what you want to know, one may be close enough.

When you download from bama, click the blue letters of the filemane, NOT where it says "Download now". There is a new stupidity going on these days, thye are trying to propogate downloading "programs" or "managers". These are something we can live without. Back on wire perhaps becasue some could allow you to continue a download later, but today it's just clutter. Plus noone writes programs for free so it probalby advertises somehow. I read a couple of people bitching about it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi there,

Well the 5B40 is at http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/

Thanks for this. I thought I've already had a look at BAMA, but it seems
I didn't notice this one...

They do not seem to have the 5A38, although they have some 5A series manuals.
It depends on what you want to know, one may be close enough.

I'm searching for the exact schematic of the 5A38 plug-in to be
prepaired to repair it if it breaks one day (and because of curiosity of
course ;-)

Thanks,
Jonathan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Jamie,

$10 is ok for the manual, but I am sitting in Germany,
so add shipping costs, etc. and that isn't worth it anymore :-(

Greetings,
Jonathan

You know, I can find it all over the place for $10.. don't you think
it's worth that?

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can probably get it in PDF but for money. Just hope it's not one of those locked PDFs that you can only view on one computer.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jonathan Schilling wrote:

Hi there,

in my beloved Tek 5441, I have the named plug-ins,
but since I got the 'scope from a university dumpster,
I sadly didn't get the manuals containing schematics, etc.
with them.

Is here anybody who could send me a pdf-version of them
or could tell me where I can find them?

Have you asked on the Tektronix Yahoo group?

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:07:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Well the 5B40 is at
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/

They do not seem to have the 5A38, although they have some 5A series manuals. It depends on what you want to know, one may be close enough.

When you download from bama, click the blue letters of the filemane, NOT where it says "Download now". There is a new stupidity going on these days, thye are trying to propogate downloading "programs" or "managers". These are something we can live without. Back on wire perhaps becasue some could allow you to continue a download later, but today it's just clutter. Plus noone writes programs for free so it probalby advertises somehow. I read a couple of people bitching about it.

All these download managers are snoop ware. They swipe your information
(sometimes important or personal) and sell it. Refuse ALL of them. Delete
any you have, they never were needed. (at least if you use firefox or
opera)

?-)