Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help identifying IC

It's an smd device with six legs, three on each side, about the size of an SOT23 transistor. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.icbank.com/icbank_data/se.../tsop6_dim.pdf

It's used in the primary side of a smps regulator on a power supply board. The board legend calls it an IC, but I've seen similar devices marked as transistors, and it looks like a transistor array. The markings on the device are KP 358, with an "I" in a box preceding the KP. If I Google just that number, Google returns datasheet sites, but they don't have any information about it.

I have another identical working supply, but the IC in the same location has 6M944a on the device. The boards are otherwise identical, so these two devices appear to be interchangeable. Neither Mouser or DigiKey seem to have anything on it.

If anyone knows what this is, what it subs to, or even a missing prefix or suffix to help identify this thing, I'd really appreciate it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote in message
[...]

+++++

Does cold DVM diode testing suggest a pair of bipolar or powerFET Qs ? or at
least the same matrix of "diode" results in both cases

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:35:20 AM UTC-5, N_Cook wrote:

[...]

I removed the known good one from the working supply, and it reads like a standard npn on the diode scale on one side, the other side reads like maybe a fet, but there is also a 0.6 drop on the diode scale across the device, so it's more than just two transistors in a case. IIRC, there is also some resistance that can be read across the sides as well. I checked the good one several weeks ago and reinstalled it back in the working supply, so I'm going on memory. Thanks for the reply.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:10:43 -0800 (PST), John-Del
wrote:

[...]

That COULD be a smps controller. While they are usually 8 pin
devices, 6 pin devices are often found.

It's been said many times, many ways; a single picture is worth a
thousand words.

PlainBill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

You're probably correct Bill. I took another look at that board today, and there is no discernible controller IC on that particular leg, so that six pinner could be the smps control. I sent Megmeet an email asking for a schematic and parts ID, but I know they're going to blow me off on this. Meanwhile, I found another junk power supply from Megmeet that is a different, older board, and it has what looks like the same IC, but has a different number (DP50A). It checks the same ohm wise and diode wise, so I'm going to toss that in the board I need to run. Thanks for the info.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:22:57 -0800 (PST), John-Del
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I took another look at that board today, and there is no discernible controller IC on that particular leg, so that six pinner could be the smps control.

ISTM that you should be able to identify the supply and ground pins.
There should also be a PWM output pin that either drives an external
chopper or directly connects to the primary winding of the
transformer.

There must also be a feedback pin to sense the supply voltage,
possibly via an optocoupler that straddles the primary and secondary
sides. But as Bill said, a photo would be very helpful.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:22:57 -0800 (PST), John-Del
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I took another look at that board today, and there is no discernible controller IC on that particular leg, so that six pinner could be the smps control. I sent Megmeet an email asking for a schematic and parts ID ...

If you are unable to supply a photo, then at least tell us which
Megmeet product you are talking about. I've done some Google searching
and I've found tons of PDF documents relating to Megmeet.

FWIW, I found the following document ...

http://www.go-gddq.com/down/2013-02/13020412034913.pdf

.... which refers to this IC:

http://www.micro-bridge.com/data/on-bright/ob2262.pdf

The part number is OB2262, so it's not similar to any you've given us,
but it's function and package style appears to be consistent with
yours.

- Franc Zabkar